Difference between 06 and 07
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Difference between 06 and 07

Difference between 06 and 07

Hello all. I've been looking at full size Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, and Cayenne for a couple of weeks. It'll be replacing Audi Q7. Before that I've owned BMW X5. I'm leaning towards full size RR because it's just much roomier and comfortable than the others. I test drove 07 RR HSE the other day. There is some body roll and wind noise, but otherwise the cabin is very comfortable and it was a pleasure to drive it.

I noticed the interior of 07 was significantly changed from 06. To me the interior of 06 looks just fine to me, as long as I'm not missing out on any of the new features that I want. I've identified several differences and I'd like to get some opinions on them.

- Terrain Response. This is probably the largest difference between 06 and 07. It looks pretty cool and sophisticated, but I'm wondering if it's really useful? I understand there are settings for sand / mud / snow, etc, but what exactly does each setting do? Is it just a preset of ride height and high / lo range setting, or is it more substantial?

- Luxury package. I understand 07 Luxury package includes heated / cooled seats and leather dash. From my limited experience with 06 I don't think I've seen any with leather dash. Does 06 Luxury package also include leather dash or no?

- Luxury seats. The luxury seats that come with Luxury package look different for 06 and 07. Luxury seats for 06 look very similar to old luxury seats from BMW 7. While I found the luxury seats on 07 very comfortable, I'm not a big fan of BMW seats. How do the seats compare between 06 and 07?

Also what do you think about SC vs HSE? Is the difference between SC and HSE the same on 06 and 07? I don't know if I need extra power but I understand SC has firmer suspension that I might like. Also I like the fact that Luxury package is standard in SC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RangeRovers.net
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Difference between 06 and 07

Can't help with the '06, I have an '07 RR SC with Luxury Package and love it.
    The ride is superb, and love the extra power for pulling a trailer, also useful for passing on the highway.
    Terrain response works very well, have had it in snow, sand, mud and rocky terrain in the mountains no problems. Depending on the setting adjusts the height, engages 4wd and controls throttle input to assist with wheel spin.
    When the roads get horrible with ice & snow up here in Alberta I am able to drive when other suv's, cars, and pickups are slip sliding around.
    The seats are very comfortable and supportive.

FRESHMAN ROVER

I am not sure what your budget is but driving the 06,07 and then buying at 2008 at auction, I can tell you that I find the 2008 worth a look. I also came from the X5 and then Hummer H2 before deciding on the Range Rover. I have owned a 99 Disco and a 2002 RR as well. The power between the 4.6 X5 and the Range Rover feel completely different and the body roll may take a little getting used to. I simply figured out that I am getting older and really have no use taking a corner at 40mph or seeing how fast I can get up to speed. I drove the SC and honestly while you can feel the difference for my driving and towing it really was a non factor in my decision. I have been looking to possibly replace my wife's 02 X5 with another Range Rover in the near future.

My '04 Westminster includes a leather dash, and deluxe seats among other things. I have test driven some of the newer SC versions, but although the difference when accelerating and driving like a maniac is quite remarkable (it is really fast for such an enormous vehicle)... I just don't drive like that, so I am disinclined to pay extra for it. I have the BMW engine and I don't find that I have any issues passing on the highway, you don't really need a SC just to pass people unless you are on the autobahn going faster than you probably should

I do understand that for many people, it is just "fun" to have the extra power, and I'm sure that is the main reason people go for it.
    2004 Range Rover Westminster (past)
    2007 Range Rover SC (current)
    Massachusetts, USA

SOPHOMORE ROVER

The more notable differences in the interior are changed location of ignition, dual cup holders to side of gearshift, terrain response, and electronic parking brake, as well as split glove box/CD changer on passenger side. There is no swing-out cup holder by the front passenger air vent by the door on the 2006.
    2007 Range Rover HSE Lux

Thanks for all the inputs. Keep them coming. I don't *need* SC, but it's nice to have extra power when needed, and also the convenience that SC comes standard with Luxury package. I've also searched the forum and found some relevant topics which I'll link here for future reference for those with the same question.

Terrain Response System
    06 SC vs 07 HSE
    RR Chronological Changes

SOPHOMORE ROVER

The 07 interior is much improved IMO and will age much better since it doesn't have the grey painted pieces on the console, doors...... that peals.
    2014 Range Rover HSE
    2009 Range Rover HSE
    2013 Carrera S Cab
    2013 Boxter S
    2011 Rubicon
    1999 Spec Miata Race Car