2005 Range Rover Radio Problem
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2005 Range Rover Radio Problem

FRESHMAN ROVER

2005 Range Rover Radio Problem

Hi,

My wife's 2005 Range Rove HSE's CD changer stopped beoing reognized by the head unit a few weeks ago and the radio stopped working a few days ago. It happened just after I changed the left rear tail light. Now all she has is the Range Rover Logo and an orange flashing light on the bottom left hand button. I have removed the fuses for 24 hours (all 6 of them) and, on the advice of an audio shop, I disconnected the battery for an hour. Neither worked. I found it interesting that after I replaced the fuses the Air suspension, brakes and ABS system indicated a fault until I moved the vehicle a few feet. The same fault happened when re-connected the battery, and was solved in a few feet.

Range Rover says it could be a lot of things, even programming, and it will take them an hour to determine if I have a problem (I think I know the answer). To his credit, he said that the hour would include “re-programming” which may fix the problem and should likely determine which module is malfunctioning.

Here are the questions: Has any one else experienced this problem and solved it with our a dealer visit? Does anyone know for sure what component causes this and recommends I should just head to an audio shop for an aftermarket replacement. Assuming the head unit id gone, does anyone have a recommendation for a good replacement?

Our audio system is only the radio, CD changer and the NAV system.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: 2005 Range Rover Radio Problem

Hi Mike,

Problem is not the radio but your amplifyer, it is sitting at the back between the radio and the tailgate light.
    Check the three connectors on top for oxidation, best is to get it out of the boot and clean sockets.
    There is a common problem on water comming in , try search on "radio dead no sound"

ronald
    12MY RR TDV8 AB ipanama sand
    04 RR TD6 Vogue Silver for sale
    06 P 607 2.7 V6 TD

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: 2005 Range Rover Radio Problem

Thanks Ronald. I was tied up all weekend but will try it this week. I will let you know.