Range Rovers Forum banner

Radio display turning on with truck off

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  rover lover 
#1 ·
I've been searching several post and i haven't ran across anyone with this problem yet. I've seen similar problems but not quite this. I have a 2005 RR Hse, my battery keeps draining and I've tracked my problem back to the radio. When i turn the truck off the orange light on the volume knob flashes for about a minute then goes out. About another minute after that the display lights up with the Land Rover logo and stays on. The radio has no other problems that i know of and everything else seems to be working fine. I can't figure this out. Has anyone had this happen?

#2 ·
Interesting problem. Either it's the audio head unit is getting a signal from the vehicle's BCU, similar to when you open a door and the LR logo displays, or it's the head unit itself.

I suppose you could put a volt meter on a pin that plugs into the unit to see if it goes "high". Not sure how you'd trouble shoot the actual unit.

I would first try resetting the BCU (Body Control Unit) which I believe can be done by removing both battery leads and touching them together. The RSW All Comms software can also reset it.

Good luck.

#4 ·
Definitely sounds like BCU issues. I have had some luck using dielectric grease on the female connectors on the BCU. Seems like with age, they don't connect to the pins as well. BTW, mine would occasionally do the same thing. Also, tailgate open would display, although fully latched. Auto feature on Windows fail. Locks act hinky. Now wipers. This little box can drive you crazy. When acting up can drain battery as it continues to test different things. If the grease doesn't do it, may be time for a new BCU, $3-400 new.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.