Range Rovers Forum banner

Swapping 2011 luxury seats into my 08 without a/c option

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  DCartisan 
#1 ·
I recently purchased luxury seats from a Vogue in the UK as replacements for my 2008's Rover's base seats. They although beautiful in parchment were starting to show their age, and with the cost of bringing them back to life I decided to switch to navy as it's always been my prefered choice. I have also purchased a luxury climate control panel off a 2008 to swap out to be able to use the air conditioning function on the new seats (it's not a priority however). I might need to purchase a harness for the a/c module but I'll know more when I see if Land Rover left any dud plugs/wires or if I need to wire in some new ones. I have listed some photos below of the seats and the connectors off the new seats versus the old ones. I'll be updating soon! I don't think I'm the only one that might find this upgrade worthy.
Car seat cover Vehicle Car Car seat Compact car
Vehicle Car Car seat cover Car seat Minivan
Electrical wiring Electronics Electronic engineering Technology Electrical supply

See less See more
#2 ·
Just thinking about this I can see some potential stumbling blocks , The memory function for seat and mirrors will now be in the passenger seat so the loom and connectors might be wrong , the heated /cooled seats require an ECU as well as a loom so you would need to rewrite the Car Configuration Files and are you aware there are airbags in the seats ?

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
axle thank you for your reply. I've considered all of those potential stumbling blocks and am only truly worried about the airbags. My car currently has airbags in its seats so while it might need one rewiring, it might just need some rewiring or restructuring from someone more advanced. If it all falls I am hoping I can swap the cushions onto my existing seat frames. As far as heated seats my car also currently has that function, leaving me to adapt the system or to replace the module in my car with one to match that of the seats. I'll possibly be running into wiring issues I believe, but am confident that wiring is just wiring and can be solved. I do appreciate your input, it gets me thinking!

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Technology Electronic device

I received the control panel unit from a donor Rover and the bottom piece was plug and play, even the heated and cooled knobs lit up and functioned correctly, while the top is missing one female plug on the back that my non a/c seats had. I expected this, but am curious as if anyone knows what possibly this white male plug does. On the luxury fitted console I can see the space for the this talked about female plug but it's simply left out of the wiring on the board (see photo). I'm assuming it has something to do with the seats, etc.. When I did plug the rest of current wires in to the upgraded unit, the a/c went full blast and I was unable to change the air con, air flow, anything, etc, but all did light up and every other switch appeared to work. Not expecting any answers but just love to share.

Vehicle door Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto part Rim

Audio equipment Technology Auto part Electronic device Subwoofer

#5 ·
Sorry for all the bumps. I tried plugging in the control panel again and actually, all of it wired right up with the exception of the white females plug mentioned below. Air conditioning, etc all work except for the heated seated of course. I believe the white plug was for the heated seat function. Seats get here soon and I'll know more then. Vehicle Car Technology Auto part Gauge

Attachments

#6 ·
Installed. I need to swap the seat switch electronics to make them match up appropriately to get all the functions to work properly (example the memory) but other than that they seemed to be plug and play. I obviously don't have control yet of the heated or cooled seat function but am sure I need the wiring harness to activate the cooled seats, which I'm not worried about. Overall a very big improvement over the HSE's stock seats. The leather is incredible, and the support is above amazing. Seats were out of a UK based 2011 Vogue. Vehicle Car Auto part Family car Car seat

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat cover Range rover

Attachments

#8 ·
Thanks RangeRoomie!

Have been considering doing this myself: Heated/Cooled Front and Heated/Reclining Rear. I wonder if using the same model year makes it any easier, for instance taking 2011 HSE Lux or Autobiography Seats to install in a 2011 HSE? Maybe it is easy enough just in the same L322 generation?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.