Range Rovers Forum banner

Is this the seam that leaks on amp?

Tags
amp leaks seam
4K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  phils 
#1 ·
Hey,

2006 L322 SC. Water leaking on the amp.

D pillar (furthest to the back) seam causing the leak?

Is this the seam leak the L322 is notorious for? If so, how can I fix it?

Thx

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
Is there supposed to be water draining through that pillar? Or is there a leak allowing it in there, and then the leak in the seam allowing it to drip on the amp?

Trying to figure out if I'm dealing with one leak or two at this point.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

#4 ·
There should be no water draining through your D pillar nor is there anywhere on the exterior where water should be getting to it. It is either a failing rear side window seal that allows water in from the side rear glass or it is a poor adjustment or seal of the tailgate that allows water in from the top corner. At least that is the only two places I've every had to repair or found for folks.

#8 ·
you can go to the store and buy a clear shower curtain and some 3M black strip caulk from the body shop supply ,
and make your own water shedding curtain for the electrics,
Also cover the battery the the suspension switch and airlines under the battery tray.
NOTE Covering the battery will prevent acid from rinsing down the chassis and getting on the airlines and damaging them.

#12 ·
next time you wash your truck open the hood and see if the battery is wet .
this will happen from washing the lower cowl with the hose.
if the battery is wet then it has been washed and any acid deposits on its top will be rinsed to anything below it.

remove the battery and tray and you will find the air lines and a junction valve probably corroded and brittle from acid

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.