PROBLEM SOLVED (cheap)!!! Towing Trailers with LED lights
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PROBLEM SOLVED (cheap)!!! Towing Trailers with LED lights

FRESHMAN ROVER

PROBLEM SOLVED (cheap)!!! Towing Trailers with LED lights

I have had my 2006 HSE for about 3 months now. We own an enclosed utility trailer that is equipped with LED lights. The problem comes in when trying to tow it with the RR. The RR's (and most imports mb, vw, bmw,etc) computer senses that a light is out because LED lights have extremely low resistance. The fault code illuminates to "check trailer lights" and the pulse for the turn signal goes into super warp speed (again sensing a bulb may be out).

After much searching and research, I have determined that the problem can be fixed by installing a resistor on the trailer, or add lights to the trailer to increase the resistance. Finally, there is a resistor box that is being sold out of Australia for about $300. Even if you contact the LR dealership, they have no idea what the problem could be and consequently no solution.

I found an adapter on the Uhaul website that was engineered for audi's, vw, and porche, and the adapter cost $29. I actually contacted an engineer at Uhaul that thought of this adapter, and he told me that it was marketed for vw, because he personally had a volkswagen, but IT SHOULD WORK FOR THE RANGE ROVER!!

FINALLY A SOLUTION. I actually found the same adapter (same part number) at etrailer for $15 and decided to order it. It just came in and it works flawlessly. Plugging my trailer with LED lights in directly cause fault codes to illuminate. Using the "plug and drive" adapter makes the trailer with LED lights to function flawlessly. Here is the link and this will save you a ton of worries and money. No installation required....Just PLUG AND DRIVE!!!

http://accessories.etrailer.com/search?w=39008
    2015 Range Rover Supercharged Santorini Black
    2006 Range Rover HSE Lux Santorini Black (sold 2016 with only 60k miles)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: PROBLEM SOLVED (cheap)!!! Towing Trailers with LED ligh

This is great if you need a 7 pin to 4 pin connector. If you have a 7 pin or 7 blade connector on the truck and the trailer...no joy.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: PROBLEM SOLVED (cheap)!!! Towing Trailers with LED ligh

IIDTool can shut off hot/cold bulb monitoring for all the lights individually. No more fast flashing lights with a trailer of if you upgrade to LED bulbs.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.