Humming noise comming from the hood area
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Humming noise comming from the hood area

Humming noise comming from the hood area

My 2004 Rover makes a wierd humming/vibration noise when i go over 45 mph. This happens on and off. The check engine light does not come on but it sounds like its comming from under the hood. Has anyone else have this problem. I know for a fact that its not comming from the windshield. Can any one comment on this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

I have it too.. I noticed it the other day... Sounds like it is coming from the defroster vent.. Mine goes away after I hit 70 mph though...
    I think that there was a fix on this however it was because of the fitting aroung the windscreen.. Any answers would be great??

FOUNDING MEMBER
    your windscreen needs to be sealed. call your rr dealer they already know about this problem and fixed mine under the warranty, but have them replace it (its called the lower cal) or it will continue just from a different area

Cam
    FOUNDING MEMBER
    Hi,

You seem pretty confident that it isn't coming from the windscreen area, but i had a problem that sounds very similar, and it was a buzzing sound that sounded as though it was coming from the vent. I would never have thought it was coming from the windscreen.

The best thing to do is look at the seal at the base of your windscreen and see if it is glued to your windscreen. If you can pull it away from the windscreen, that will be where the wind is getting underneath and causing the sound.

I ran insualtion tape over the seal as a temporary measure and that cured the problem instantly.

I have since been back to the dealer and they have glued it properly under the warranty.

Nows its as quiet as a vehicle the price of a Range Rover should be!

Hope this helps!

Cam.

Thanks for the feedback. I dont think it is coming from the windscreen becuase my 2004 rr (build date 1/04) has 11000 miles on it and it just started happening now. But im going to bring it to the dealer on 1/4 to hopefully get this problem resloved.

Thanks agian

I had my radiator replaced after 9000 miles. Does anyone think that a cracked radiator could cause this vibration/humming noise comming from the hood area. The vibration is coming from the steering wheel and the humming is coming from under the hood.[/i]

Sorry for the late reply. It turned out that the windscreen had to be sealed. The seal was glued to the windscreen in front of the driver dash. But the rest of the windscreen was not sealed. Should I have them seal the whole windscreen with glue because I still get a little noise.

FRESHMAN ROVER

windscreen

This common problem starts suddenly without warning while driving, after a year or so (probably to do with the rubber seals ageing). test the fix by running sticky tape along the rubber seal at the bottom - you shouldn't need the windshield replaced. They just glue/seal the bottom rubber.
    Murray

Does Anyone Ask Why?

Look, I am nominating all Range Rover owners for Sainthood! You must be the most patient, gentle, long suffering, group of car owners on the planet! No one should go through what you good folks go through as it relates to manufactuers defects, much less a group of accomplished people spending upwards of $80k for a luxo super-ute, that seems to break just because it can. Does anyone ask why this happens? Is it because the workers are not trained at the assembly plants? Is it because the assemblers and other frontline workers, just don't care? Do the plant supervisors, not care that the frontline people don't care? Are the designers and engineers inept? Does Land Rover simply source low bidder vendors regardless of the quality of the parts? Is it because as consumers, you have lowered your expectations as a result of Land Rovers reputation for quality challenged products? Have all Range Rover owners been abused as children, and the resulting low self esteem, cause them to believe that they deserve to be abused by their $80,000 automoboles?

You know, I'm almost kind of joking, but truly at some level Land Rover needs to be made accountible for the product that they are producing. Yes, I have heard that Ford has done a yeomans job at Volvo and the expectations are high, history will repeat itself with Land Rover. But I contend that Ford has owned Land Rover since 2003 and there are still problems with this truck that just should not happen at any price point, much lees a segment leader such as Range Rover. A windshield not properly glued??????? Come the .... on!!! Does anyone ask why?

To clarify, Ford has owned Land Rover since 2000. Im not sure about all the MKIII owners as Ive only owned P38s, but I think we put up with all the troubles associated with owning a Land Rover because we grow emotionally attached to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Max
    To clarify, Ford has owned Land Rover since 2000. Im not sure about all the MKIII owners as Ive only owned P38s, but I think we put up with all the troubles associated with owning a Land Rover because we grow emotionally attached to them.
    Your clarification is incorrect. BMW owned Land Rover from 2000, Ford purchased in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by Max
    You are right about the time frame that Ford has owned Land Rover. Makes it even harder to understand why these problems have not been effectively addressed.

if it was my product

i as a buisness person if ever produced a product like the current r rover i would be ashamed to show my face ..especially after charging 60,000 for it.
    i would stop running a car manufacturing business and look to start a career as a comedian.

It is 10 degrees here in NJ and my suspension squeeks when ever the truck goes up and down. Sould I be concerned? The suspension squeeked as well when it was 50 degrees outside but it was not as bad as now.

Quote Originally Posted by JECXZ
    Stop, stop, STOP, you're making me cry!!!!
    That's a fairly peculiar reaction to the content and purpose of that post. I suspect you must do that a lot. Put in a call to your doctor.