Range Rovers Forum banner

Dealer dispute/ insurance issue/ or wear n tear

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  moniche 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
History owner of 2008(vin 09) RR HSE 110k bought with about 25k on vehicle. Located in Dallas on temp work assignment, Got in fender bender in March 2015 backed up into a vehicle, which was a shocker because the sensor didn't got off, the sun was directly in my eyes and I didn't see anything in the rear camera. Damaged the passenger rear tail light and bumper needed to be refinished. Drove car from Florida to Texas in May, finally decided to take to a RR dlr here in Dallas. Original quote 5 days for work. I also decided optionally to get rear tailgate painted it was peeling. After not hearing from dlr for over two weeks I started calling, I wasn't worried because it was at the dlr (now side issue had a key shipped from tampa to dallas because my remote was not working first key in tampa came and did not work, second key was shipped to dallas dlr. ) so after I started calling I got a few updates and after 2.5 weeks my car was ready. Go to pick up car and they give me back a damaged key fob, looks like it has holes in it, immediately complained that even though my key didn't work it didn't look like that I paid 1300 out of pocket for body work and was going to follow up about key issue, Most importantly drive off and less than 15 minutes car drops to ride height, called Svm next day no reply, called my independent dlr back home who says don't continue to drive could pull air out the airbags and it could be a myriad of issues, take it to independent recommended here in Dallas, his diagnosis left front strut and air something, price 1400, which im ok with. Called my independent dlr back home they said RR don't like to be sitting and if RR dlr unplugged battery or car was dropped or raised for extended time and left out back the suspension could've been working overtime. RR dlr finally calls back (shop foreman )about key yesterday im like my car is not even driveable that's why I've been calling for three days, looking for input? It's just amazing that car was running fine until it went into dlr. State Farm
Is sending an adjuster out today, I don't want to pay for anything until I know the cause. Additionally I heard a clicking in the right front so when he told me left strut was bad I was like is this going to be a money pit? Should I convert suspension? Any advice appreciated!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
I cant say whether its going to be a money pit as I dont know anything about the service history or repairs done to date but at 110k miles the struts, ball joints and control arms are done if they are originals. The bushings et al are just going to be worn out.Sure you can convert the suspension to coils but that doesnt fix everything. weigh the costs of replacing the front end now with future costs in terms of compressor, dryer and air tank...which is probably fine for a while on a 2008, and decide what you want. Re the key fob...Im at a loss

#5 ·
Maintenance schedule is worthless in my experience. If you follow it, you'll end up paying for a new rig eventually!
Don't throw coils on it, they take away from the rig in a big way.

Martin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.