Range Rovers Forum banner

Right rear door won't unlock with remote or dash button

9K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  RRToadHall 
#1 ·
Looking for some assistance. Right rear passenger door doesn't unlock with the remote or the button on the dash. I have to manually open the door from the inside if i want to unlock it. All other doors open as normal. Any suggestions on a fix or where to start troubleshooting? 2003 L322.

#3 ·
Good question, after i unlock it manually from the inside handle, it somehow locks itself again, I am assuming with the speed sensitive auto lock. But I will double check tomorrow. It won't lock or unlock with the remote or the dash button that i know for sure.

#8 ·
Lock motors - no why? Is it common or possible for them to be weak/worn/sticky in only one of its operations?
Wiring - no why? Is there a common point where wiring is know to have connection issues or wear/short issues?
Removed door panel? I did remove one because it was coming off and after finding a razor blade in the seat latch I was hoping for cash or cocaine. 3 more doors to check.
I dont have the IID tool or testbook yet so I havent pulled any codes yet.
I also haven't finished reading the over 2k pages of electrical diagrams, electrical library, system descriptions and operation found in the RAVE manual. What I have read I cant say I've digested it all yet.
What I have done is post on a forum hoping to find someone with the same make and model vehicle that has had the same or similar problems offering an expedited solution. If no one can provide an expedited solution perhaps they know of a troubleshooting protocol. Flowchart would be great.

#9 ·
The first step in "troubleshooting protocol" is to at least look at it. Do you need a flow chart when a light bulb fails to illuminate? Do you need a flow chart when the toilet paper roll is empty? As far as 2K pages in the RAVE ETM I have no idea what that has to do with checking a single circuit. Do you read the entire encyclopedia when researching one topic? A little common sense goes a long way in owning an older Range Rover.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.