Range Rovers Forum banner

Handle covers installed

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  ddillenger 
#1 ·
Ordered these in Java Black from LR Parts. Took a whole 10 minutes to apply while killing time at my sons baseball practice. Nice and easy and better than the factory grey which as we all know sucks over time! The 2006 is looking alright!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Range rover

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire
Vehicle door Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Bumper

See less See more
#10 ·
Aututto the RRSC and the fleet had their yearly compound, polish and wax few weeks ago.. My other 2 cars are black as well. Never go through car wash! Hand wash and occasional easy wax keeps them shiny and swirl free. We have a hand wash car wash not too far which makes it easy!

#12 ·
07+ doesn't seem to suffer from this issue... I never saw the point in spending money to paint and overlay a those covers when it takes about 1 hour to just repair the problem without using a bandaid.

My 04 I scuffed the original finish, taped off, then painted with a similar color spray paint... did 3 coats then shot a little clear over them. They lasted as long as I had the car (years) and that one was parked outside all 100% of the time.

Vehicle door Automotive exterior Bumper Wood Vehicle

Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire Wheel

#13 ·
07+ doesn't seem to suffer from this issue... I never saw the point in spending money to paint and overlay a those covers when it takes about 1 hour to just repair the problem without using a bandaid.

My 04 I scuffed the original finish, taped off, then painted with a similar color spray paint... did 3 coats then shot a little clear over them. They lasted as long as I had the car (years) and that one was parked outside all 100% of the time.

View attachment 94602

View attachment 94610
Wow looks good. Yeah I don't think 2007+ suffer near as bad. Mine are horrible from being a desert car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.