My Radio/Nav Screen Froze - is this a common problem?
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Radio/Nav Screen Froze - is this a common problem?

FRESHMAN ROVER

My Radio/Nav Screen Froze - is this a common problem?

was driving last night - everything fine, turned the car off and then started it up again - and the LandRover screen was stuck frozen - the radio and CD functions worked - but the screen was frozen - after a while the LandRover screen went away and the normal radio screen appeared -- however, it too became frozen - it stayed on the same radio station and time, and computer function display even though i was changing stations -- after a while longer, the screen went blank/off - it wouldnt turn on (although the radio/CD continued to work) -- after leaving my car for a few hours, everything was back to normal

so my questions are: a) is this a normal/common problem, and b) is it something that needs to get to the dealer asap?

Russell
    Java Black HSE
    OGM M3 vert

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    start with checking the battery. If the truck is an 03-04 the voltage on the battery is crucial. A low voltage battery can still start the car, but can cause strange issues with the nav system

FOUNDING MEMBER
    Probably not a voltage issue but just one of those little quirks we come to know and love (ha). My 05 has done this a couple of times as well as the volume has increased by itself on occasion. The dealer always says not reproduceable and you laugh about it and move on.
    2005 HSE LUX

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by tblountman
    Probably not a voltage issue but just one of those little quirks we come to know and love (ha). My 05 has done this a couple of times as well as the volume has increased by itself on occasion. The dealer always says not reproduceable and you laugh about it and move on.
    lol - that's what i figured. I'm not sure mine has speed sensitive volume, but my M3 does -- one day i was sitting at a red light, getting ready to make a red turn, and the volume went full blast - i nearly **** myself

my windshield washer tank has a leak - so it's going back in this week - i will tell my S/A to take a look at the radio, but i am sure they wont be able to replicate the problem

Russell
    Java Black HSE
    OGM M3 vert

FRESHMAN ROVER

Technology

There is just to much technology in cars today. Its frightening and unnessasary.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: My Radio/Nav Screen Froze - is this a common problem?

Quote Originally Posted by miami m3
    was driving last night - everything fine, turned the car off and then started it up again - and the LandRover screen was stuck frozen - the radio and CD functions worked - but the screen was frozen - after a while the LandRover screen went away and the normal radio screen appeared -- however, it too became frozen - it stayed on the same radio station and time, and computer function display even though i was changing stations -- after a while longer, the screen went blank/off - it wouldnt turn on (although the radio/CD continued to work) -- after leaving my car for a few hours, everything was back to normal

so my questions are: a) is this a normal/common problem, and b) is it something that needs to get to the dealer asap?
    So I have had that problem on two separate occasions. The first time it was resolved by some wire connections being adjusted by the dealer. The second time it was resolved by replacing the NAV cd as it was scratched. My screen had actually been freezing for months and I just assumed that the unit needed to be replaced. When I took it to the dealer though, they replaced the cd and it started working properly. What a relief as I was expecting to replaced the NAV controller.
    Rizz
    2004 Range Rover HSE
    2002 Lincoln LSV8

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.