2014 Range Rover Need Key
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2014 Range Rover Need Key

2014 Range Rover Need Key

Good day gentleman. I am trying to find out how to get a key for the 2014 Range Rover Sport that I just bought my wife. Since I bought her this car, she has left and pretty much wants a divorce. Talk about being blindsided by a very sorry person. Thing is, the Range Rover is in my name only, and I just found out where she is staying. I want to get it back. The dealership has said I can order the key, but they cannot program the key without the range rover at the dealership. That sucks, and hard to believe. I want to just go and get it and be done. It's hard to believe that you cannot order a key from the dealership that will work so I can get it.

Any advice on professionals that may know a solution?

2. Remove Advertisements
    RangeRovers.net
    Advertisements

Re: 2014 Range Rover Need Key

The dealer is 100% correct that the car must be present for final programming... it's a security thing. There are no other options... it's a security thing. Be very happy that you can not just order a key and drive off with a rig.

Hopping on a forum with a story like this just screams troll/con. All uncalled for drama aside this is an issue for the authorities, not a dealer or forum. If this is real you obviously were given more than one key when you bought it. If she has both keys it sucks to be you. Sorry, but as a first post this is simply too twisted for colour TV. DO we get to take bets on which cousin she ran off with?
    Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sorta good at something.

Tow truck is your next best friend.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 1anchorman View Post
    I am trying to find out how to get a key for the 2014 Range Rover Sport that I just bought my wife. Since I bought her this car, she has left and pretty much wants a divorce. Talk about being blindsided by a very sorry person. Thing is, the Range Rover is in my name only, and I just found out where she is staying. I want to get it back.?
    hahahahaaa!!! this is awesome! freakin Alabama man...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RRToadHall View Post
    Hopping on a forum with a story like this just screams troll/con.
    why you gotta hate like that?

seems very believable to me. what's his ulterior motive for posting this?

you can't make this stuff up...

FRESHMAN ROVER

can't believe men are still falling for the age old contract called marriage , men gain nothing from it , and lose everything.

gq
    SOPHOMORE ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by kinddog View Post
    why you gotta hate like that?

seems very believable to me. what's his ulterior motive for posting this?

you can't make this stuff up...
    I don't think he's hating considering the only way to steal these trucks are by flat bed or with a key, I think his response was fair. he actually answered his question. These trucks are very desirable, especially for overseas shipping, and since it's the OP's first post you can take it either way.

Good luck with getting it back. Can't you just report it stolen? Where's the other key

Quote Originally Posted by RRToadHall View Post
    The dealer is 100% correct that the car must be present for final programming... it's a security thing. There are no other options... it's a security thing. Be very happy that you can not just order a key and drive off with a rig.

Hopping on a forum with a story like this just screams troll/con. All uncalled for drama aside this is an issue for the authorities, not a dealer or forum. If this is real you obviously were given more than one key when you bought it. If she has both keys it sucks to be you. Sorry, but as a first post this is simply too twisted for colour TV. DO we get to take bets on which cousin she ran off with?

You are very funny, but it was a serious question. Even thought there is a little drama in the background, thanks for the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by gq View Post
    I don't think he's hating considering the only way to steal these trucks are by flat bed or with a key, I think his response was fair. he actually answered his question. These trucks are very desirable, especially for overseas shipping, and since it's the OP's first post you can take it either way.

Good luck with getting it back. Can't you just report it stolen? Where's the other key
    She has both keys. So, I will have to do the flatbed thing. The registration is in my name, so even if there is a confrontation, I still believe it will not be an issue to recover it after showing that to the towing company. I just was not sure about information from the dealer. I believe it now coming from this site, that is why I wanted another opinion. I just questioned the information given since I've owned several late model Mercedes, and you can get the key ready to go straight from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by 1anchorman View Post
    She has both keys. So, I will have to do the flatbed thing. The registration is in my name, so even if there is a confrontation, I still believe it will not be an issue to recover it after showing that to the towing company. I just was not sure about information from the dealer. I believe it now coming from this site, that is why I wanted another opinion. I just questioned the information given since I've owned several late model Mercedes, and you can get the key ready to go straight from the factory.
    I feel for you man. Good luck. I would probably call her and tell her to surrender the car or you will call the police and its technically stolen since the title and all is just in your name. I never had to go here with my-ex, but would have if I had to. They don't want something on their record and on top of it would give you some ammo in the divorce finalization if it were to go to a judge. It just doesn't have to be that way...
    Current Stable:
    2014 RRS ATB, Corris Grey
    2010 BMW 335CIC, Saphire Black
    2004 Porsche 996 TT X50 Cabrio PCCB 6MT, Basalt Black
    1999 Chevy Tahoe Sport, Summit White

JUNIOR ROVER

sorry to hear. what an ingrate if it's really true. a true automotive marvel that is not shared speaks of greed. call police if she offers resistance.

Here's an idea, if she's driving the car, I'd wait till she's parked somewhere else, like at a movie theater or at the mall, and then call the truck to come pick up the car. I'd text her and let her know after it's out of there. Of course that kind says you gotta stalk her a bit ... Nevermind, that's not the best idea.