Range Rovers Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Was there a 1280w System for 2014?

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Brimill1234 
#1 ·
Im told by a dealer that he called LR to give them VIN and ask what stereo system it has and hes telling me its the 1280w one.

I thought there was a 250, 825, and a 1700?

#6 ·
I could be wrong but am one of those guys that bought the 2014 when it came out. My choices were 250, 825 and 1700 only. I chose 1700w version. And you can easily tell what you have by looking in the rear roof and around the roof new the windshield. Do you see 4 tweeters? (2 front and 2 closer to your rear windshield.) you likely have 1700w. Its the only one with speakers placed there. My 2015 has the 825w and doesn't have those. Nothing really cahnged for 2015 model.

You could also just ask to seat in one with the premium 825w and play the music in it and you will know immediately. Big difference. As for the 1280w I suspect they are confusing that with prior model offering not the L494 cars. My brother has prior model that coincidentally has 1200 or 1280 but I don't believe it is meridian, Ill have to ask him. I think that my explain the confusion. Hope that helps.:thumb:

#8 ·
So which system replaced the 850 temporarily when there was supply issues? Was that the L450 instead of the L494? Or were they offering discounts on the 1700 signature? Jeez I am just not remembering what they did...

Move along, nothing to see here. :lol:

#11 ·
I'm not sure about 2014, but the 2016 MY was the one with supply issues for the 825W, only for the SCV8 dynamic trim, so they were offering 1700W for a $3250 upgrade instead of $6300. Along with having to wait 4 extra months, this was a huge reason why I decided to get a V8 instead of an HST.

#12 ·
Is there a VIN check website that I can enter the VIN and it tell me the options and what the vehicle has?

I think ford or chevy has a site like that. But Ive been making call after call asking them if their particular '14 sport supercharged V8 has the 250 or 825w system and its becoming a hassle with all these dealers calling back or not calling back

#13 ·
There were earlier threads that point to the build sheets not correctly listing the wattage... best way to tell is does it have bass? then you probably got the 825w midrange system (which is an excellent system btw), OR, does it sound amazing and are there speakers in the headliner? then its probably the 1700w

#15 ·
JLR Topix website is a way to find what various vehicles have from the VIN. You may need to register but it's free to do so:
https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/vehicle/lookupForm

Aside from the speakers in the ceiling in the front and cargo area, all three stereos have the same appearance of speaker grilles on the doors, so there's no way to know from that.

#17 ·
I am going to use this as an example on how threads get derailed. The question was there a 1280 watt system. Answer is no. We didn't need another thread listing the 3 options for audio and how to identify them. That's already been beat to death ten fold in the forums.

If i let this go farther it would turn into another how can I upgrade my system and why doesn't my base se model have any bass after volume is past half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.