Is this a good deal on a RRS V8? - Page 3
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Is this a good deal on a RRS V8?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Is this a good deal on a RRS V8?

Im looking for a 14-15 HSE with less thank 35K miles and possibly CPO...
    My hard budget is 60K out of the door... Because I can get a new or <3K miles 2017 SE for around 63K. i dont need one right now so Im gonna wait for august.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

I agree that red is the best color and that factor should trump all others!

But seriously the way to go is CPO from a LR dealer if possible because it includes a warranty to six years 100k automatically from LR.

FRESHMAN ROVER

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Missing badging is killing it for me. Question is how long the wrap has been on--I read somewhere they are only good for five years?
    2016 Range Rover Sport SCV8 Dynamic - Firenze Red/Pimento
    2013 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite - Smoky Topaz/Truffle

Quote Originally Posted by Lifted07Durama View Post
    Oh dear loure that is hideous. It is a long running joke that folks with matte finishes couldn;t afford real paint. Hodog... let's hope that is just a wrap.
    Common sense is not a gift, it is a punishment.
    Because you have to deal with everyone who doesn’t have it.

FRESHMAN ROVER

I didnt post it cause I like it lol. Its cause Im asking myself "why"

So anyways heres what it looks like its coming down to. Either I get my color red I want but has to be the V6 supercharged, so I wont get TFT gauges either. And well under $50k

Or get a color I dont want BUT can live with like black or grey or white (which everyone around here who has a RRS has white) and get the V8 which most have the TFT gauges too something I really want.

So color i want and no TFT and V6, or settle for another color and get the good stuff.

What would you guys do?

Get what you want, not what a bunch of people on the internet think you should buy. Don't get hung up on warranties of things that other people sa you should have. Buy it for you and what you want. The best piece of advice I can give is this:

If you don't turn around and look at your car every time you walk away, you bought the wrong car...
    2013 RRS HSE LUX Santorini black
    QuickSilver Exhaust
    20" Redbourne Nottinghams

I am a professional so please use caution, I may have enjoyed a few cocktails when I told you to go ahead and try this at home...

Great advice... we have two newbies obsessed with warranties right now. My twist on advice, find a rig that speaks to you and get a warranty that covers the major items and stop obsessing on CPO crap titles and enjoy your rig. If you are over the top narrowing in on CPO status you are going to miss out on some incredible deals. Bumper to bumper is rarely worth the added warranty cost. Buy a rig that blows your skirt up and raises your blood pressure with fun and driving pleasure. If you are nit picking all the tiny details you are not having fun with it.
    Common sense is not a gift, it is a punishment.
    Because you have to deal with everyone who doesn’t have it.

The TFT screen is neat but shouldn't be a deal breaker, especially on a pre 2017 when the TFT doesn't do much.

To me the engine is number one because you can't change it. Color is important but you can always wrap a car red but that is a lot of work and extra money for little return.

If you have time, keep looking until you find the one you gotta have.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Hodog16 View Post
    The TFT screen is neat but shouldn't be a deal breaker, especially on a pre 2017 when the TFT doesn't do much.

To me the engine is number one because you can't change it. Color is important but you can always wrap a car red but that is a lot of work and extra money for little return.

If you have time, keep looking until you find the one you gotta have.
    Dont really have the time, need it within a month. For a few reasons

But yes thats what it comes down to, not many red ones out there. Flat red that is with a V8. Found 1 SE
    So either I get my red and end up with a V6 and low on options, or grey black or white and get the V8 with tons of goodies.
    When it comes down to stuff like this thats why I turn to forums, its almost like flipping a coin for me. Helps me decide between two choices Im torn on

Just remember. when you are buying a used car, obviously it is vastly different than buying a new car. The colors, interiors and options will be limited. With a new car, you check the boxes of your preferences and voila, your car arrives exactly the way you want it. When you buy a used car, you usually have to make concessions. The exterior color, the interior, the stereo, the transfer case, the adaptive cruise control, the lack of trailer hitch, the lighting package all may be not exactly what you want but that is what buying a used car is all about. Hopefully, the perfect, low mileage, used car will fall on your laps at the perfect price (and full warranty), otherwise, you may need to pay the ante for a new car or drop down to a fully loaded, ordered MDX.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.