Range Rovers Forum banner

does warranty cover worn leather

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JMC08 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have a 2014 RRSSC with 22000 miles, and I noticed at the edge driver's seat the leather has worn down (first layer peeled off -1 inch). Does anyone know if the dealership will cover the premature wear?

White Footwear Shoe Vehicle Car

See less See more
#2 ·
In your pic, is that a worn spot where the dye is coming off? Have you tried taking leather specific cleaner and conditioner to it to see what happens? It almost looks like a scrape as if something (metal on jeans or fingernail) scraped across it. Generally, they will expect you to be maintaing the leather with leather conditioner regularly (not that you are not already) and may very well likely decline any repair under warranty for such instances. However, on my 2011 RR, around 10,000 miles I notices that the dye on the driver's door armrest was wearing off. I always condition my leather once every couple months, so it was definitely not due to lack of care. I have a great relationship with my dealer, and they know just how anal I am about taking care of our vehicles, so they had no issue with repairing it under warranty. It seemed fairly simple, a leather repair guy came out and re-dyed the armrest. Perfect match. I could not have been happier. My thought is that you may bring it up to your dealer and see if they too have a leather repair company they use regularly that can do the same for your vehicle, under warranty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.