Range Rovers Forum banner

Bike Rack and Rear Camera issue

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  383vett 
#1 ·
So this past week I went out on a nice MB ride in the Sierras.
What I discovered is that every time I put the RRS in reverse, my mounted bike caused the alarm to go off. Extremely loud annoying to say the least.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Range rover Motor vehicle

See less See more
#3 ·
Well... just got back home from LR/Jag as my wife picked up her F-Pace S today.
There is an easy fix to this that I was unaware of as I am still learning:
There is a button on the 10" screen at the bottom that says "P" on it. If you press this button it disables the camara alarms.
Haven't tried it out, but that is what the dealer told me and it seems legit.

#6 ·
You have tow package right? Go into menu and find trailer assist it even helps you line up the tow eye with lines etc. And the alarm wont go off either. Its way better than opening the hatch to see where you are and align. :thumb:

#8 ·
You know I don't actually know. I had a 2014 l494 but never needed to trailer anything so never bothered to even check. On my current 2015 one I was trying to back up to a hitch and having a very hard time as it was not level and I couldn't move it any other way. Finally called a friend who has a sport to ask him what he does and then he reminded to use the gizmo and where to find it. :doh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.