Range Rovers Forum banner

Brake question: V8 Dynamic

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Roverthemtn 
#1 ·
Does anyone have accurate info on whether the current SC V8 Dynamic has brakes that are in any way different from the standard (ie non-Dyamic) SC V8? I recall reading one much older post referencing this (which I can't find in a Search), and the brochure appears to list only brake disc sizes, which are smaller for base models, and larger for all V8s and the V6 Dynamic as well. Web site mentions nothing that I can see regarding brake differences with the Dynamic version.

#2 ·
I am pretty sure that all the Brembo's that come on Sports are the same (other than SVR). Mine came with the standard brakes and I have upgraded to SVR Brembos with carbon air scoops, the discs are the same size as on the 5.0 but a different part number. Hope this helps in some way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I was trying to find the same info when I replaced my pads and the only conclusion I came to is all V8's Dynamic or not have the same brakes (apart from possibly the SVR but I'm not sure).
I recently when to ceramic pads a couple months ago and its amazing how the brake dust is nearly non-existent. Still some noise here and there but much less frequent and quieter

#4 ·
Thanks both; my reason for asking was - I was told that you cannot install 20" wheels on Dynamic V8 models, due to "upgraded" brakes on this version, and this surprised me as I thought there were many owners of Dynamic who use the 20's, and nowhere can I find LR info that refers to such upgraded brakes.

#5 ·
Definitely bigger as I know for sure that you can't fit the smaller 20" wheels on my RRS V8 Supercharged dynamic.

Anyone know how many miles you can expect from a set of pads on a dynamic?? I've got just over 40,000 now on my original pads and not a single indication of needing replacement. Is there a warning light for pad wear?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.