Range Rovers Forum banner

No more piano black interior

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  SGR 
#1 ·
I got tired of doing everything possible to prevent scratches on the piano black and still would have a scratch show up anyway. Decided to get a vinyl wrap. It came out real good, i had a very good installer.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
The name of the company that did my wrap is called Wrap-Tastic. I am very pleased with the work he did. My concern with the piano black was the constant scratch marks no matter how careful I would be with the interior. Here are some more pictures. Cost just a little over $500 for all the interior pieces, it would have been less but I opted for him to come to my home to do the work instead of me dropping it off at Wrap-Tastics office.

#5 ·
That looks great!

You are scaring me about my piano black interior. I just ordered my RRS ATB a few weeks ago and chose the piano black finishes. Too bad it scratches up quickly, good to know I can just wrap it later and it can look this good.

Pic from the order pdf of my interior:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Center console

#7 ·
BlackPearl -- I wouldn't be scared. I have the piano black in my 2010 Sport and it still looks fantastic. I don't know if the quality got worse or something but mine isn't scratched at all. However I don't let the hand car wash people do the interior as they don't know what they're doing and maybe they use towels with some grit in them. Only use clean microfiber towels and you'll be fine. I'm going to order it again in my 2018.

#8 ·
That's actually a good point, I looked at a couple of pre-owned 2014's before I bought my 2016 that had piano interior and they had scratch marks on the piano finish as well. I wonder if the previous generation was made differently or maybe had some type of scratch resistant coating. I did notice the previous generation had a matte type finish on the B and C pillars where my 2016 has a painted finish that seemed proned to scratches as well. I had those clear bra'd to stop the fine scratches. Maybe other 2014+ owners with the piano finish can chime in.

#9 ·
Definately scratches-EASILY. Easily the best looking IMO.
My dealer returned my brand new 2017 RRS that needed serviced after 48 hours of ownership and came back with scratches. You can't see them in the dark, but when light hits it, it's very obviuos. Not happy. Thanks for this post. Probably will do this at some point. Will be interested in durability with the wrap.

It looks very sharp and SVR-like.

#11 ·
I had a coat of the paint protection put on all the pieces in the center column since it is a high traffic area. I used Cquartz as my detailer told me it seemed to be the clearest coat, but there were several that will work. It really does help and can't tell anything is on it. The wood underneath is just soft so nothing is 100% full proff. Just have to be a little careful, but you can buff out the scratches. I didn't bother with any of the other sections and they like new after 16 months (and I have a dog that is all over the car).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.