TOPIx VIN Decoder
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TOPIx VIN Decoder

TOPIx VIN Decoder

I was just given the VIN for my 2017 RRS yesterday and went on to TOPIx to check out the build and make sure that all is well with the build that I ordered. I hope that I am reading the reports wrong and am hoping that somebody may be able to help out.

The printout lists a number of the options that are ordered, but it also lists a number of items available on the car with the word "Less" in front of it. For the majority of the items with the word "Less", those are options that I did not order, but I am seeing the word "Less" in front of "head up display" and "cooler box/fridge", both of which are options I put on the car. Any insights into how I may be reading this wrong would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: TOPIx VIN Decoder

You most likely are not reading it wrong. Actual production errors are very rare. However dealer input errors do happen. There are also cases where some options are only available independent of other options. Take a look at your signed paperwork and make sure those items in question were actually included in your final order. If there is a discrepancy contact your dealer.
    Common sense is not a gift, it is a punishment.
    Because you have to deal with everyone who doesn’t have it.

Quote Originally Posted by RRToadHall View Post
    You most likely are not reading it wrong. Actual production errors are very rare. However dealer input errors do happen. There are also cases where some options are only available independent of other options. Take a look at your signed paperwork and make sure those items in question were actually included in your final order. If there is a discrepancy contact your dealer.
    I have gone over my paperwork numerous times since the order was placed in August and the heads up display and cooler box are definitely ticked off and charged as part of the purchase price. Any chance you are aware of whether these are items that the dealer may be able to install at their end? I will not take delivery of the car without those options, but know that it will be months before I will be able to get the car that I actually ordered.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

The dealer has confirmed that they messed up the order. Rather than taking delivery in a few weeks, it will be about 3 months as the order for the correct build goes in. Boooooourns!

Unbelievable but it's happened before. I certainly hope the dealer is compensating you for their error.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodog16 View Post
    Unbelievable but it's happened before. I certainly hope the dealer is compensating you for their error.
    They have taken ownership of the mistake and seem to be willing to work with me, including compensating me for the error. We shall see as we get closer to my new delivery date, whenever that may be!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.