2017 RRSs in dealer stock?
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2017 RRSs in dealer stock?

FRESHMAN ROVER

2017 RRSs in dealer stock?

Question - does anyone know when the 2017's will start hitting dealer inventory's? I see people are taking (and have taken) delivery of their ordered 2017's, but I'm kind of shocked I'm not seeing any dealer inventory 0f 2017's.

Anyone know when they'll start hitting dealers? I see 16's in inventory still, but not 17's. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

re: 2017 RRSs in dealer stock?

I am already seeing the 17's on lots around me (SoCal). The majority are still the 16's.
    An easy way to check inventory is through cargurus.com.

FRESHMAN ROVER

I was just in Scottsdale and seen a 17 at Penske Land Rover, it was Fuji white. Not sure if it was for a customer or display though. I seen it there on Friday.

Just so you know.... there isn't really anything to "see". Yes obviously there is big changes to the Infotainment/Nav system but it all appears physically the same on the surface. If you looking to walk across a lot of 2017's to choose from, all lined up in a row like at a Ford dealership, it just isn't going to happen. They are too rare. Often times, these rigs are ordered from Factory only, the dealer has probably not invested in a demo just yet.

Good luck with your search though!
    2014.5 RRS V8sc Dynamic

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

I fully understand they are not lined up like a Ford Dealer would have. But usually they'll have 3-8 on the lot. I purchased my 2016 back in July from the showroom floor at Scottsdale, and they had 5 or 6 available. Mainly V6's when I was specifically looking for the V8, which they had 2. And I did see they did have 2 (V6) on their web site as of yesterday. I was just surprised not to see more 17's for sale, i.e. ebay, Auto Trader, etc.. I agree as well there's nothing to see as a difference between a 16 and 17, however the two features I am interested in, is the new Infotainment Center and Remote Start. Living in the valley, remote start really helps getting into a very hot car! Thanks!
    Last edited by RRToadHall; January 11th, 2017 at 07:52 AM.

Premium Member

Re: 2017 RRSs in dealer stock?

They literally JUST started arriving from the UK in the last few weeks.
    at this point, they're mostly fulfilling initial customer orders. in a couple of months you'll see more inventory, but not just yet.
    And if it shocks you, as you said: welcome to the Range Rover world. We missed you in 2013 & '14 when we waited 6-8 months for a vehicle and there was absolutely zip dealer stock for almost a year.

FRESHMAN ROVER

I have a general custom ordering question. What is the average time from placing Land Rover order to receiving vehicle in the United States?

Quote Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
    I have a general custom ordering question. What is the average time from placing Land Rover order to receiving vehicle in the United States?
    I waited 2.5 months on my TD6 RRS order.

We placed our order for a 17 RRS back in late August....still no vehicle. Our vehicle was completed a couple days before Thanksgiving. I guess Land Rover is not allowing any additional vehicles (not sure which ones) to be shipped right now as there is some sort of software issue that they are working on a fix for. The 17's that escaped being held back will more than likely be called back in for a software update of some sort in the near future. I was told that Land Rover is not providing any sort of time frame as to when they expect the issue to be resolved so that vehicles that are stockpiling up at the factory may be loaded up and shipped out.
    17 LR Range Rover Sport Autobiography-Firenze Red/Narvik Black roof-Current
    13 LR Range Rover Sport HSE LUX-Marmaris Teal-Current
    11 LR Range Rover HSE LUX-Stornoway Grey-SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
    I waited four months for mine. Ordered June 2015 and received October 2015.
    2016 Range Rover Sport SCV8 Dynamic - Firenze Red/Pimento
    2013 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite - Smoky Topaz/Truffle

Quote Originally Posted by JMC08 View Post
    We placed our order for a 17 RRS back in late August....still no vehicle. Our vehicle was completed a couple days before Thanksgiving. I guess Land Rover is not allowing any additional vehicles (not sure which ones) to be shipped right now as there is some sort of software issue that they are working on a fix for. The 17's that escaped being held back will more than likely be called back in for a software update of some sort in the near future. I was told that Land Rover is not providing any sort of time frame as to when they expect the issue to be resolved so that vehicles that are stockpiling up at the factory may be loaded up and shipped out.
    My order was placed in mid-August and I just saw this morning that the ship carrying it from the UK has just arrived at the port in Halifax (Canadian order) about an hour ago (it left the UK on Jan 4, 2017). I am told by the delearship that it should take about another 2-3 weeks before the car is ready for delivery.

I haven't heard anything about software issues -- I will certainly ask about what such issues may be the next time I speak wit the dealer. JMC08 -- do you know what the issue is regarding?

Quote Originally Posted by Snarry View Post
    My order was placed in mid-August and I just saw this morning that the ship carrying it from the UK has just arrived at the port in Halifax (Canadian order) about an hour ago (it left the UK on Jan 4, 2017). I am told by the delearship that it should take about another 2-3 weeks before the car is ready for delivery.

I haven't heard anything about software issues -- I will certainly ask about what such issues may be the next time I speak wit the dealer. JMC08 -- do you know what the issue is regarding?
    Lucky you! I think my frustration simply comes from being anxious for its arrival. Our delivery date has been pushed back three times now. Unfortunately, I do not know any specifics on what the issue is. My salesman contacted some regional Land Rover rep. who is in the know with production/shipment/ordering and all he was told is that Land Rover is halting further shipments due to some sort of software issue. Perhaps it only pertains to certain trim levels, or certain countries. Clearly, they have known of the issue for a couple months now as mine has been marked "completed" for that long. I wish I knew more details but I don't at the moment. I did contact Land Rover North America for clarification and have been told that my message would be passed along to the appropriate person. I will post any future news regarding this as I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by JMC08 View Post
    Lucky you! I think my frustration simply comes from being anxious for its arrival. Our delivery date has been pushed back three times now. Unfortunately, I do not know any specifics on what the issue is. My salesman contacted some regional Land Rover rep. who is in the know with production/shipment/ordering and all he was told is that Land Rover is halting further shipments due to some sort of software issue. Perhaps it only pertains to certain trim levels, or certain countries. Clearly, they have known of the issue for a couple months now as mine has been marked "completed" for that long. I wish I knew more details but I don't at the moment. I did contact Land Rover North America for clarification and have been told that my message would be passed along to the appropriate person. I will post any future news regarding this as I get it.
    Turns out that I am I'm slightly less than lucky -- after doing a VIN decoder check and then speaking with my dealer, it became clear that the dealer forgot to tick the box for a few of the options I wanted on the car, so the car that landed in Halifax this morning will not be mine. A new order will be placed and I will be waiting another 3-4 months.

Premium Member

Get the Build Sheet. Always get the Build Sheet. That's the copy of the order that they put in. After the order is in, you have several weeks to tweak the order (or, fix the order).

Always get the Build Sheet!

Quote Originally Posted by totya View Post
    Get the Build Sheet. Always get the Build Sheet. That's the copy of the order that they put in. After the order is in, you have several weeks to tweak the order (or, fix the order).

Always get the Build Sheet!
    Lesson learned, just a little too late to be helpful in this instance! I have the build sheet for the 'new' order, and everything is correct. Unfortunately, the build date is March 3, 2017 and delivery isn't expected until the last week of April.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarry View Post
    Lesson learned, just a little too late to be helpful in this instance! I have the build sheet for the 'new' order, and everything is correct. Unfortunately, the build date is March 3, 2017 and delivery isn't expected until the last week of April.
    Thats too bad. I fear being in that same boat. You wait so long for the new vehicle, only for it to arrive and not be equipped the way you had wanted. We put our order in and experienced several weeks where the order would default back to some basic build. Each time our salesman would put in what we wanted, the next time he or someone else would open up the order, it would change options. So, I'm paranoid that when our vehicle does finally show up, there may be an issue (although they say the dealer build program issue got fixed).

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.