Range Rovers Forum banner

not 1, but 2 2017 SVR sports ordered !

4K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  MikeF@Vossen 
#1 ·
Well I went in for an unscheduled service yesterday, TPMS warning, then front and rear brake pad warning , then " inactive air suspension " warning. Took it in, they got me in right away which I was very happy about, the tech came up to me asked what happened. I told him " I started it up, pulled out of my garage, drove about 3/4 mile and then the warnings started popping up, and came straight here, and left it running and now you have it. "

Come to find out was a software glitch and they updated all the software... and walllla ! all better now, and got a free wash and vac :p

In the almost 3 hours I was there.... I ordered my wife's SVR, and my SVR , after the orders were submitted the system says " Estimated delivery " 4/2017 " for both vehicles. So... Service to my current SVR $0.00.... but cost me $15,000 in deposits for the orders and vehicle specs and colors we want... :thumb:

Hers : Estroil Blue with tan & black, 21" SVR wheels, black contrast roof , black headliner, drivers package, cooled box, protection package, deployable running boards, premium sound , soft close doors

Mine: Coris Grey, red and black leather, 21" SVR wheels, black contrast roof , black headliner, carbon fiber trim, drivers package, cooled box, protection package, premium sound , soft close doors, adaptive cruise

I haven't told her yet.... our 10 anniversary is in June, so this is going to be " Here is our anniversary presents to each other for many many years to come ..... deal with it "

See less See more
#8 ·
No, I was in Portland , ME for the night for business, and went to Scarbourgh Maine. They said I could take delivery of both in Bedford though, ( same dealership owner from my understanding)

#6 ·
Yeah trust me , it's going to have leverage for YEARSSSSSSSS and she will not be getting a new vehicle every 3 years like she has been once she gets the SVR.

She keeps dropping hints almost daily about what a difference there is between her RX450 and the SVR. She just had to drop $4560 into the RX after it had to be towed from her studio because it was dead, and they found the following: Needed front and rear brakes ( 45K on it) , 2 headlight bulbs, 1 LED rear brake/signal light assembly , new main battery ( had to pay) , they also replaced the hybrid battery & battery coolant pump ( warranty) & fixed 2 oil leaks (3rd recall for oil leak) , 4 new tires, alignment , and the transfer case leak and 2 front CV boots but ... It's a great environmentally friendly vehicle !!!! :roll::roll::roll::roll:

I just say " triple your business and maybe you can graduate to a real SUV" ( the sideways you need to die look I get is priceless, I just smile )

#9 ·
Congratulations! I always think its neat when a couple has his and her vehicles of the same type. SVR must be the ultimate suv for your needs. I have a RRS Autobiography on order (may also place an order for one of the first new Discovery) with an estimated arrival date of the beginning of January, however my salesman thinks the date will get moved up and it will arrive at the end of December. Did they give you a reason as to why your vehicles are not expected in until April? Were both of your SVR's secured with an allocation spot?

#12 ·
They had 1 allocation, that they changed to 1 of my configs, and the other they would put in as a custom order. They were going to call someone at LRNA and tell them they are both client purchases. I did 2 wire transfers yesterday to pay off 50% of each vehicle so LRNA can see I'm serious, they said if they show money transfer/payment they would probably be moved up in the build priority list. I'm OK with March/April delivery , I can move money around and use my year end bonus to pay off the balance on each. I don't want car payments.

#11 ·
Naw, she doesn't have the income to do such purchases. Anything more than groceries, basic necessities she can't grasp or make a decision on, and I have to handle, research, or make the purchase.....BUT she can take an awesome picture or do nice wall art without an issue.

#14 ·
Bedford has been good so far. I did say in the e-mail survey that the Bedford location is looking tired and worn. Building looks like it hasn't been painted since it was built, the landscaping looks worse than a a run down section 8 section of town used dealership. My survey got attention haha I got a call from Chris Goodwin , the son of the owner stating he apologizes for that location and they are putting a spring plan in place to renovate and update that location" drastically" prob due to the fact that Bedford area is expanding drastically , and a whole paycheck & Burtons Grill ( which I love) is going in 1/3 mile away. I also brought up the fact that the Lexus dealer is open for service 7am to 6pm, 6 days a week, and sales is open 7 days a week 8am to 8pm , and that they have a better looking parking lot, more new inventory , a complete snack bar that is refilled throughout the day and plenty of beverages and a pop fountain. I said " I could have gone there and purchased 250K in vehicles on a Sunday and been served breakfast in the progress ... what did I get with Bedford purchase or my 2 purchases? bottle of water and bulk bag candy from BJs wholesale "

I also told him when the RX broke down 2 weeks ago, The lexus dealer sent 2 vehicles to my wife, before the tow truck got to her studio. 1 being the loaner RX , and the other to bring back the driver. When she got into the loaner there was a hand written note thanking her for choosing the dealership ( she purchased her RX there) , the service advisors cell phone number and e-mail address, 4 bottles of water ( 1 in each cup holder) , and a small Altiods tin of mints. When I went to Scarborough location... bottle of warm water, no snacks and old faded furniture in the customer waiting area, and a 1996 25-7" tube TV to watch.

Chris didn't have much to say after that...

#16 ·
Has nothing to do with Lexus... IRA owns Manchester Lexus. Ira is the one spending the money on the property. Lexus doesn't pay for the property the owner does.

Goto Scarborough, Maine LR/Jag The property is maintained 3 times better and looks better kept than Bedford. Same owner/Dealership chain

#17 ·
yeah, I don't care. I care about the people and the service they provide. I wouldn't give a rat's butt to how new the building is they're in. The overall Land Rover image fits Bedford a-OK. I much rather have them spend the money they make on people and not buildings.
But, I guess we all have our own preferences.

#18 ·
well I can tell you, that Chris Goodwin said I was the 19th person to say something about the condition of the dealership. I assume LRNA said something which is why he said " we have a spring refresh plan , to paint the building and update the landscaping ". With that said.. I agree Customer Service and should be priority 1! Without customers , there isn't any return or new business.

#19 ·
There is a plan in the works from LRNA to update their dealerships to a new/refreshed image. So I am sure whatever Bedford is planning has something to do with that.

Heck my dealership has wall art of Land Rovers driving through the woods. gasp.

#20 ·
Either way, with the millions going into the area ( They leveled a hotel , 4th macys in the country, and are putting in a new hotel, whole foods, burtons grill and many other stores to match the very affluent middle to upper class residents )that this dealership is in, it shouldn't look as tired , run down and more used non-LR vehicles than new LR vehicles, as it looks today.

Again, staff has been good to me so far, I went in Saturday to pickup winter floor mats. Parts department closed.. Had to stop there this morning before coming down to Prov, RI for 3 days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.