Range Rovers Forum banner

Barolo Black

Tags
barolo black
19K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  coutrageous1 
#1 ·
Has anyone seen the RRS SCV8 in Barolo Black. Curious how Santorini Black compares to Barolo Black. Barolo Black has an upcharge of $1800.
Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks

#2 ·
Baloro is premium paint and looks sophisticated compared to Santorini. Barolo also looks like it could be metalic. It has specles in in it or whatever you call those tiny sports. Its not a flat water-based looking black if that makes sense. You have to see it to see what am talking about. If you see two cars side by side Santorini clearly looks less premium.

#3 ·
Barolo has a purple hue and Santorini has silver or gold flakes in it. I definitely would not buy Barolo without getting a STEEP discount.

#4 ·
Thanks for your comments. I noticed that you traded your 2014.5 RRS SC Dynamic in on a 2015.5 RRS Autobiography and I was curious why the change in model. I currently have a 2016 RRS SC V8 Dynamic on order (can change at this time) with many options. I also had to go with the Meridian Signature since there is a long delay getting the Meridian Premium. Your thoughts would be welcomed. Thanks

#9 ·
that is ours. yes. reddish- not purplish- hue and golden flakes too. looks wet compared to santorini. Barossa was purplish.
This member purchased an Autobiography in Barolo Metallic. I believe Barolo is the black with the subtle red hue to it, whereas Barossa is the black with the subtle purple hue.

In the sunlight, the flecks in the paint are stunning. Here's the link, the photos are pretty high quality

http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/43...obiography.html#/forumsite/20563/topics/84361

#12 ·
I was intent on Barolo black based on photos online and one I saw in a showroom. I placed the order and in the intervening time sought out cars on the road and for sale second hand so I could see what it's like day to day. It's black. Every now and again there's a twinkling of something very dark purple but you need to be looking for it or it needs to be a cloudless day on a perfectly clean car. I changed my order and have gone Mariana Black which is really a very dark blue most of the time and black when it's dark. I've done the same looking around for slight older an imperfectly clean examples and am sticking with it as I don't want a black car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.