Range Rovers Forum banner

2016 HST and Supercharged Limited Edition Bulletin

55K views 138 replies 46 participants last post by  Pandamonium 
#1 ·
Land Rover finally released more information about the HST in a marketing bulletin yesterday. Also there will be another Supercharged limited edition as long as you like yulong white. Got to figure out how to best post the scanned PDF.

Briefly, for the HST, MSRP will be $79,995 and include the black contrast roof, morzine headliner, meridian premium package, and front climate and comfort package as standard. No mention of available options though. Only comes in 5 colors, black/silver/grey/white/red, each with only one interior color choice apiece.

The dealer told me the build dates will start July 2015 and go until January 2016. Apparently the next order call is coming in July, and if an order is placed by then, it's reasonable to expect the car to show up before the end of the year.

LR will be doing the HST like the SVR with specific allocations, so hopefully every dealer will at least get 1 with larger dealers getting more.

Will post more information later tonight.

#35 ·
MSRP is $79,995. Sliding pano is standard, you can't switch anything out, at least in the U.S.

#36 ·
Some interesting tidbits on the HST from the 2016 RRS brochure:

-0-60 per LR is 6.8 seconds (0.1 over 340 hp SCV6)
-Even though extra duty not an option the HST has adaptive dynamics
-Illuminated aluminum treadplates with Range Rover lettering

On a side note, there are a great number of typos on the downloadable 2016 brochure from LR, if it comes to print that way somebody is not doing their job very well.

#37 ·
#41 ·
You're probably right. I assume since the HST is more about looks than all out power, then the exhaust note would likely be the V6 exhaust note.

I was just hoping since it is an HST, something more special, and a limited vehicle, that the sound would be a little more special, even if not up to the V8 emotional appeal.

Test drove it, and I know I originally wanted the V6, but the smile on my face after hoping in the V8, and growl from the exhaust, it's hard to not want. I guess the best way to go about it, is to not sit behind the wheel of the V8, and you don't "know" what you're missing. Otherwise, phenomenal motor nonetheless.

#42 ·
This is my first RRS. I was only able to spend two days with the HST before sending it back to the dealer. There was a scratch about half an inch wide on the front bumper. They are sending it to a body shop to be repainted. The HST is the perfect car for me. It has all the cosmetic looks of an autobiography but with a V6 engine. I'm not a fast and aggressive driver so the v6 with 40 extra horses over the HSE was good enough for me. I felt like I got the most bang for my buck with the HST model so paying sticker wasn't a big deal. It was worth every penny. The satin grey wheels are like a matte black which made it darker then I expected. The only thing I didn't get that I wish for was the cooler box near the arm rest. Other then that, the car is perfect. No future problems hopefully!!

The HST exhaust note is no where near as loud and mean as the V8. It sounds just like the HSE.

I will post pictures of Interior when I get the HST back this week. The seats are the same exact pattern and feel as an autobiography. Ebony/Ebony with Ebony headliner.

Thanks for all the positive comments.

#47 ·
The HST comes with the Meridian Premium stereo which is very good in my opinion. I think you will be happy with it.

#54 ·
My sales rep asked if I wanted to check out the Fuji white in person tomorrow. Really tempted to do so as the white is truly a beauty. But just envisioning a completely blacked out Santorini with dark grey rims is the only thing that's holding me back. Which begs the question, if all 5 HST colors were available at the dealer right now, would you still have chosen the Fuji? It's a bit of the age old debate, white or black car?

#57 ·
Congrats! Awesome looking machine. As I plan on keeping the vehicle for 5-7 years, I did get the extended warranty. If anything fails on this truck, it's going to be expensive, especially with the airbags and other bits.
I don't usually find value in paying upfront for maintenance since they mostly do oil changes and you can do them so easily with Umbertob's method.

#59 ·
Booyah,
How much did you pay for your extended warranty?
How may years, miles?
Hi stevemottel,
I paid $3800 for the extended warranty and it extends the standard warranty to a total of 7 years/100k miles.
I forgot to mention that I also purchased the wheel& tire warranty for $1200 and it covers nails, curb rashes, bent rims, blowouts, etc. for 4 years. This was one of those if I didn't purchase it, I'd get a nail flat or something and if I did purchase it, nothing will happen and I won't be able to use it. Still on the fence if this was a good purchase or not.

#60 ·
All depends on where you live and the road conditions. Driving anywhere that has extreme seasonal weather with 20"+ wheels would make a $1200 safety net well worth it. Potholes in nyc during and after winter are more like driving into a ditch. Better to get a little more than you need than to need more than you got.

#61 ·
I'm looking to get an extended warranty through USAA. Should cover everything but maintenance items.

Here's what they quote for reference:

60 mo/75,000 for $1685
72/75,000 for $2200
60/100,000 for $2510
72/100,000 for $3270

I'm leaning towards the 72/100,000 warranty as I'm hoping to keep this vehicle for 6-7 years and will likely be around 100,000 by that time. LR rates through the dealer are usually about $1000 more for the same time frame. As a bonus I can pay the extended warranty over 18 months no interest.

#64 ·
I'm not 100 percent sure but I was lucky in becoming a member through marriage. My wife's father was in the navy so she became a member as a dependent. I posted the numbers for reference. I have ones through my dealer too but my computer crashed so it might be awhile until I can dig those up.

#65 ·
After constant deliberation between Santorini and Fuji, all it took was for my sales guy Jermaine at Glen Cove to send me a few texts with these pics to end the debate. Switched the order to white and plan on going to pick up this beauty in 10 days. If the Santorini arrives early and is at the lot, I'll be sure to take some pics to post

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.