MY 2014 Changes
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: MY 2014 Changes

FRESHMAN ROVER

Lightbulb MY 2014 Changes

Hi all

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I've been going back and forth on whether to pull the trigger on ordering a 2013 HSE for quite some time and want to first say I really appreciate everyone who has shared all their knowledge and experience as it helped me finally decide to take the leap.

So off I went to 2 different dealers today and as I expected, both told me there's quite a long list of buyers ahead of me and realistically I may not see mine come in until approx. July-Aug timeframe...again totally expected that. However when I was at the first dealer, I about fell off my chair when they told me that by the time my name comes up on the list to put the order in, I will most likely get a 2014 model with a Supercharged V6 engine and not the normally aspirated V8. In addition, my desired color of Baltic Blue will be discontinued and they don't know the replacement will look like...if any at all.

So I decided to pick myself up and head to the 2nd dealer and they basically said the same thing. In fact the sales people there didn't hear anything about it and told me it wasn't true until the GM came out and was in awe that I had already heard about the change as he just found out himself about 2 hours before I got to the dealership and he hadn't even had a chance to tell his staff. This dealer also said that they heard both Baltic Blue and Orkney Grey were being discontinued and since I wanted a Baltic Blue one, it prompted the GM to send an email to the rep asking to confirm.

I have to admit I had second thoughts all of a sudden as the first thing that came to mind was "great...a new engine with unproven reliability". And if it is the same V6 Supercharged engine coming from the F-Type rated at 375hp/339lbs torque...will 36lbs torque decrease be noticeable performance wise despite the engine supposedly being smaller/lighter. If it's the same engine I hope they tweak it to at least be at parity with the outgoing NA V8 performance wise. Of course the GM was trying to reassure me that performance won't suffer and in fact combined mpg will go up by about 2mpg.

They advised the Autobiography will keep a V8 supercharged engine (I'm assuming the current supercharged as well and the above only applies to base and HSE models).

At the end of the day I decided to go ahead with putting my order in. Since Baltic Blue was still selectable and they couldn't confirm whether or not it was being replaced or truly going a way, I went ahead with it anyway knowing that they will be calling me to advise if I need to make another selection or to take a look at the replacement.

I know for my first post it's a bit longwinded but I thought it was time I actually contributed something in the hopes the information helps those who might find it useful. I tried searching for anything related to this on these forums and on the web and the closest I found related to this was a post made by The Weatherman back in July - JLR's New Supercharged V6.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

nar

Re: MY 2014 Changes

From the information I've gathered, I'm thinking the new RRS is getting the Supercharged V6 in lieu of the N/A V8; perhaps these dealers have the wrong information; I often seen dealers wrong with their information; if anything they're in the dark with the rest of us.
    13 Range Rover S/C ATB

FRESHMAN ROVER

Hi Nar,
    I was thinking the same thing...but then 2 different dealers advising me the same thing specifically on a full size I just ordered. the first said they received an email, the 2nd the GM had just returned from a regional meeting with LR reps where they were told in person. If nothing is announced prior to them submitting my order I'm sure the build sheet will tell for sure once they get it from the factory.

BTW...love your rig

A link to my thoughts on the new V6, should the Full-Size get it. Besides the sound of a V6, I think it's a good thing for the lesser models. I hope you guys do get it.

video/camo/mojavedesert/+interior
    2010 RRS HSE Santorini Black
    2010 GMC Yukon Denali
    2013 Ford Focus ST/ST3 (Track Toy)

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks for the link and totally agree with you. If what they told me is true, I can only hope and pray it's the higher rated hp version vs. the 340hp one and the weight savings is enough to offset any decrease in max torque available (again assuming they don't tweak it for full size RR application).

Bad enough I'm anxious over knowing when I'll get it but now need to deal with not knowing what engine I'll get and the specs too...they're killing me!

FRESHMAN ROVER

Also, don't be shy about phoning around to dealers outside you zip code as well. I was told "major waiting List" blah, blah, blah, then had a dealer about 40 miles away from me saying he's got one for me in 2 wks. Then a few short wks later another dealer calls to say he has one as well.

FRESHMAN ROVER

So got confirmation today from my dealer that Baltic Blue and Orkney Grey will be replaced for MY 2014. They will be replaced with Loire Blue and Corris Grey...have no idea what these look like. They are also adding a new color called Scotia Grey...again no idea what this looks like.

If Loire Blue turns out to be any lighter than Baltic Blue, I may need to change the color on my order. Really like the darker blues and may need to go with the Mariana Black option which has a blueish hue to it.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Literally a 5mins after my last post, I got an email from my sales rep with the marketing announcement from LR. See really good info here and a good read. Highlights for me:
    • V6 Supercharged confirmed on HSE and base ful size RR. Rated at 340hp and 332lbs torque with a slower 0-60 at 7.2 sec vs. 6.5 for NA V8
    • V6s getting smaller diameter brakes - an or inch smaller (coming from the Jag parts bin perhaps?) and a bit of a concern too
    • Auto Start/Stop now standard
    • Signature LED headlamps now standard on all models (previously only on ATB or with Vision Assist)

I had an 06 full size HSE which I got rid of that was severely underpowered (for my liking) and as many have mentioned have horrible breaks. Can't help but feel like we're kinda moving back in time here, especially when they have a V6 supercharged rates at 380hp they could have used and already have the larger size brakes on the 2013. Maybe trying to create more product differentiation between model lines.

I thought the updates to badging was kinda interesting and noticed they are doing something to address the issue with the grab handles to accommodate the rear HVAC vents. I some folks on here complaining about those being an issue. I couldn't upload the entire PDF as it was 7MB so converted pages into JPG and just posted some of the pages that had the most info. Didn't bother to add pricing page as the only thing that seemed to change is a price drop on the ACC option from $2k to $1295.MY 2014 Changes-2014-rr-spec-pricing_page_01.jpgMY 2014 Changes-2014-rr-spec-pricing_page_02.jpgMY 2014 Changes-2014-rr-spec-pricing_page_03.jpgMY 2014 Changes-2014-rr-spec-pricing_page_04.jpgMY 2014 Changes-2014-rr-spec-pricing_page_05.jpgMY 2014 Changes-2014-rr-spec-pricing_page_06.jpgMY 2014 Changes-2014-rr-spec-pricing_page_07.jpg

- C

JUNIOR ROVER

that sucks! although I know this is for better mileage, but a 3.0L V6? my 1988 mitsubishi has 3.0L V6? V8 not even an option? does it mean that the RRS is going V6 as well?
    http://forums.evolutionm.net/members/596-sblvro.html

https://www.facebook.com/pages/doctorownedcarscom/217367714961131

011 RRS hse lux (traded)

2013 RRS hse lux +silver, vision package(current)

2009 escalade hybrid(current)

2014 glk 350 4matic(current)

If you want to email me the entire PDF, I will be happy to host it on my Dropbox account and link it here. PM me and I will give you my email address to send it to.

Interesting how they are reversing course and using the Land Rover oval liberally again, even on the hubcaps.

New to our forum? Do NOT click here!

JUNIOR ROVER

opening the info from my iphone shows it clearly.
    http://forums.evolutionm.net/members/596-sblvro.html

https://www.facebook.com/pages/doctorownedcarscom/217367714961131

011 RRS hse lux (traded)

2013 RRS hse lux +silver, vision package(current)

2009 escalade hybrid(current)

2014 glk 350 4matic(current)

nar

I think we would have wanted the side gills, no-cost 1700W sound system (which we paid for), and active rear locking diff on the ATB. Though I'm curious it they will increase the price of the ATB?

Not liking the new point and shoot remote, not that we've used the current on either. The start-stop isn't something I care much more.

I am however curious if they will allow the current infotainment system to be updated to the new one?

Finally I am interested in seeing the entire PDF. Thanks for posting the images though!
    13 Range Rover S/C ATB

FRESHMAN ROVER

I sent the PDF to Umberto to see if he wouldn't mind hosting it on his site for us. There is about a $5k price increase on the ATB compared to 2013 based on what was on the price sheet.

Here is the full PDF (7.9 MB), thanks for sharing C. Rover: 2014 Range Rover Specs and Pricing - USA Market

New to our forum? Do NOT click here!

nar

Okay I guess with a $5000 increase I don't feel so bad.

Too bad about the rear lock diff.

I emailed my dealer; hopefully I can get info on retrofitting the door gills and see if we will get a software upgrade on the infotainment system.

Thanks for posting the PDF C_Rover and umbertob.
    13 Range Rover S/C ATB

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.