U.S. Price just announced...
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: U.S. Price just announced...

U.S. Price just announced...

"Arrives in U.S. showrooms Winter 2012 with MSRP starting at $83,500...and will go up to $130,950* for the Autobiography"

(MAHWAH, N.J.) – September 13, 2012 – Tonight, Land Rover revealed to loyal U.S. customers the All-New Range Rover, the fourth generation of the world’s most capable and luxurious SUV, and announced that the all new SUV will have a MSRP starting price of $83,500*. The reveal was held at the 30,000 square-foot home on the former Frick estate in New York City suburb, Alpine, New Jersey.

“The debut of the all-new Range Rover is a momentous occasion for Land Rover and our loyal owners,” said Kim McCullough, Brand Vice President, Land Rover, North America. “Our customers are incredible brand enthusiasts so they share in the excitement of the U.S. debut of the all-new Range Rover.”

In front of an audience of individually selected loyal customers, the uniquely capable all-new Range Rover made an appropriate arrival traversing a rocky angled path to enter the stunning backyard gardens of The Stone Mansion, where the guests got their first chance for an up-close look at the highly anticipated new vehicles.

Attendees were also given the opportunity to tour the mansion, which boasts five floors of 12 bedrooms, 19 bathrooms, indoor basketball court, movie theatre, 11-car garage, 4000-bottle wine cellar and elevator, while enjoying the experience of first class catering and cocktails.

The all-new 2013 Range Rover is the world’s first SUV with an all-aluminum unibody structure that is lighter and stronger than ever before, with a weight savings of about 700lbs. Designed and engineered at Land Rover’s development centers in the United Kingdom, the next generation Range Rover will be produced at a new manufacturing facility at Solihull, United Kingdom which employs the latest low-energy aluminum body construction technologies. The model was developed from the ground up and equipped with legendary Land Rover off-road capability and transformed on-road handling and agility. The vehicle is unmistakably a Range Rover in design and performance, still capturing the innovative spirit and iconic design of the original model, but with a more spacious and luxurious interior to enhance the driver’s experience.

The all-new Range Rover will have a starting price of $83,500* and will go up to $130,950* for the Autobiography. It will be introduced in 170 markets worldwide and arrive in North American showrooms this winter.

Sales for Land Rover in North America have been consistently strong in recent years. In 2011, Land Rover brand sales were up 20 percent to 28.038 units. Year-to-date through August, 2012 Land Rover sales are up 22 percent from 2011.

* Price shown is MSRP. Includes destination. Excludes tax, title, license, dealer fees, all due at signing, and optional equipment. Dealer price, terms and vehicle availability may vary. See your Land Rover dealer for details.
    ** These features are not a substitute for driving safely with due care and attention and will not function under all circumstances, speeds, weather and road conditions, etc. Driver should not assume that these features will correct errors of judgment in driving. Please consult owner's manual or your local authorized retailer for more details.
    `07 Lotus Exige S - Ardent Red
    `06 Range Rover Supercharged - Java Black
    `06 Range Rover Sport HSE - Java Black
    `05 Lotus Elise - Ardent Red
    `97 Range Rover 4.6 HSE (Sold)

2. Remove Advertisements
    RangeRovers.net
    Advertisements

JUNIOR ROVER

Re: U.S. Price just announced...

the U.S configurator is up now too, without prices though.

It's quite crazy that you can only get the supercharged with either 21 inch or 22 inch wheels. But yet its the only trim that offers rear locking differential.

Roughly 10k more than the 03' was when it debuted 10 years ago- not bad.........

-Bond

Price seems great, at first. Land Rover US now has pricing on all the options. To build a 13 HSE that is similar to my 11 HSE LUX (with the exception of the massage seats/rear recline) it will cost over $104k (compared to my 11 that had an msrp of $91k). I am very surprised that blind spot is not standard...still.
    2013 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE LUX-Marmaris Teal paint with Ivory/Jet interior
    2011 Land Rover Range Rover HSE LUX-Stornoway Grey paint with Ivory/Jet interior-SOLD

JUNIOR ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by JMC08 View Post
    Price seems great, at first. Land Rover US now has pricing on all the options. To build a 13 HSE that is similar to my 11 HSE LUX (with the exception of the massage seats/rear recline) it will cost over $104k (compared to my 11 that had an msrp of $91k). I am very surprised that blind spot is not standard...still.
    Yeah I am getting about 10k more when I build something similar to my 2011 as well. They did state months ago though that they are going to up the price by about 10% across the board. I am just not sure if what they added/improved is worth 10% more.

Anyone else seeing this at: http://www.landrover.com/us/en/lr/

Obviously a typo but still fun to harass Land Rover with, hopefully they pay more attention to the detail of their vehicles than their website.

Image may be too small to clearly see, but that is a next to the new Range Rover US price.

Now that is hilarious! THen again the NAS full release is a few weeks out.
    My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.

I saw that as well. Once you click on the build your vehicle icon, it shows the US dollar symbol.
    2013 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE LUX-Marmaris Teal paint with Ivory/Jet interior
    2011 Land Rover Range Rover HSE LUX-Stornoway Grey paint with Ivory/Jet interior-SOLD

It's called inflation... they can only devalue to Dollar so much before consumer goods start going up in price...
    '03 RR HSE
    Vancouver Island, Canada

FRESHMAN ROVER

This is very helpful info. I swung by my local dealer (on Long Island) today to ask this very question (before I saw the post). I think it's a bit confusing that the base model is called 'Range Rover' when I thought the idea was to make Range Rover a distinct brand. I keep noticing the LR badge has returned to the rear of the L405, the Evoque, and the center caps. But from what he was telling me (which may or may not be true) is that RR customers were unhappy about having to purchase the 'Luxury' package on the L322, as it implied that the 'base' $80,000 vehicle wasn't 'luxurious'.

With the pricing and delivery dates of the L405 announced, I inquired about snatching up one of the remaining 2012s, and my salesman said supply was quite limited, particularly with Lux which I consider a necessity. They have a Fuji White/Ivory HSE Lux with RSE and Rear Seat Recline with a window sticker of over $90,000, and my salesman said he could give a discount of $10,000 + $2,000 owner loyalty. I believe when he figured out a 36 month lease, the payments ended up being just about $1050/month with the taxes rolled in and a $42,000 buyout. However, he was pushing hard to get me into a 2012 Jaguar XJ SWB Portfolio in British Racing Green over Ivory with a sticker of $88,000...a 36 month lease on that with taxes rolled in ended up at about $750-$800. Very tempting indeed...I've had the new XJ as a loaner several times while my RR was in the shop and it is certainly a lot of car for the money...and it looks spectacular in BRG with the 20 inch polished Orona style wheels (a $5k option). It really makes the XJ looks aggressive and young (I'm 26). I know this is a bit off topic but I suppose capitalizing off the introduction of the L405 is 'related' to it in some way. I'm hesitant to be paying $1,000/month for an obsolete model, especially after I wasn't especially wowed by my 2011 RR (traded in for a G-wagen). The XJ is a sexy car, a great deal, and new and fresh, but I'm afraid I'll tire of it quickly, whereas the RR is timeless, but not particularly sexy, exciting, or a technological quantum leap from my 08 S/C. I just want to get out of my 08 S/C before the new one is on the streets and the value takes a nosedive...although I could just drive it to death...the ISD is 12/28/08 and it's Certified so it's still under warranty until the end of 2014.

Sorry for the long winded post...I just feel entranced every time I go to the dealership and want some advice as to whether these numbers are good ones, or comparable to what others are seeing in their area. I would appreciate any feedback.

JUNIOR ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by thelokolobo View Post
    This is very helpful info. I swung by my local dealer (on Long Island) today to ask this very question (before I saw the post). I think it's a bit confusing that the base model is called 'Range Rover' when I thought the idea was to make Range Rover a distinct brand. I keep noticing the LR badge has returned to the rear of the L405, the Evoque, and the center caps. But from what he was telling me (which may or may not be true) is that RR customers were unhappy about having to purchase the 'Luxury' package on the L322, as it implied that the 'base' $80,000 vehicle wasn't 'luxurious'.

With the pricing and delivery dates of the L405 announced, I inquired about snatching up one of the remaining 2012s, and my salesman said supply was quite limited, particularly with Lux which I consider a necessity. They have a Fuji White/Ivory HSE Lux with RSE and Rear Seat Recline with a window sticker of over $90,000, and my salesman said he could give a discount of $10,000 + $2,000 owner loyalty. I believe when he figured out a 36 month lease, the payments ended up being just about $1050/month with the taxes rolled in and a $42,000 buyout. However, he was pushing hard to get me into a 2012 Jaguar XJ SWB Portfolio in British Racing Green over Ivory with a sticker of $88,000...a 36 month lease on that with taxes rolled in ended up at about $750-$800. Very tempting indeed...I've had the new XJ as a loaner several times while my RR was in the shop and it is certainly a lot of car for the money...and it looks spectacular in BRG with the 20 inch polished Orona style wheels (a $5k option). It really makes the XJ looks aggressive and young (I'm 26). I know this is a bit off topic but I suppose capitalizing off the introduction of the L405 is 'related' to it in some way. I'm hesitant to be paying $1,000/month for an obsolete model, especially after I wasn't especially wowed by my 2011 RR (traded in for a G-wagen). The XJ is a sexy car, a great deal, and new and fresh, but I'm afraid I'll tire of it quickly, whereas the RR is timeless, but not particularly sexy, exciting, or a technological quantum leap from my 08 S/C. I just want to get out of my 08 S/C before the new one is on the streets and the value takes a nosedive...although I could just drive it to death...the ISD is 12/28/08 and it's Certified so it's still under warranty until the end of 2014.

Sorry for the long winded post...I just feel entranced every time I go to the dealership and want some advice as to whether these numbers are good ones, or comparable to what others are seeing in their area. I would appreciate any feedback.
    I actually got paid to get out of my 2011 lease a year early, lower mileage 2010+ range rovers just went up in value

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quite honestly I doubt I would buy another RR again given the depreciation. My 08 S/C was around $90,000 less than 4 years ago, and the dealer is offering $40,000 on trade now, even with the Certification (N.B--Land Rover is the only marque whose certification transfers to a dealer when you sell it, even if it's not an LR dealer), and they are not enthusiastic about taking it back, even though it's a good color (Black), they sold it new and maintained it, and it only had 30,000 miles.

On the other hand, I paid $57,000 for my 07 G500 (CPO until 2/13) from MB Manhattan last August, and they send me letters every month increasing their offer to buy it back from me. Now they're up to about $59,000, if I use it toward the purchase of a 2013 G550 or G63 AMG. The retail price of the G500 in 2007 was $80,000. So it depreciated about $20,000 in 5 years where the RR S/C depreciated by about $50,000 in 3.5 years. Buying an RR new is like lining up to bend over, and the residuals are so low that the lease payments are astronomical. I love them, but I've been burned by enough of them at trade in time to have learned my lesson.

The 2013 G-wagen seems to have finally caught up in terms of tech and interior refinement (although I hate the LEDs under the headlights), I like the styling better, and it's far more unique. I'll probably end up trading my 07 G and my 08 RR for a 2013 G550 and drive my Arnage when I want to put on my tweed jacket and feel like an English gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by thelokolobo View Post
    Quite honestly I doubt I would buy another RR again given the depreciation. My 08 S/C was around $90,000 less than 4 years ago, and the dealer is offering $40,000 on trade now, even with the Certification (N.B--Land Rover is the only marque whose certification transfers to a dealer when you sell it, even if it's not an LR dealer), and they are not enthusiastic about taking it back, even though it's a good color (Black), they sold it new and maintained it, and it only had 30,000 miles.

On the other hand, I paid $57,000 for my 07 G500 (CPO until 2/13) from MB Manhattan last August, and they send me letters every month increasing their offer to buy it back from me. Now they're up to about $59,000, if I use it toward the purchase of a 2013 G550 or G63 AMG. The retail price of the G500 in 2007 was $80,000. So it depreciated about $20,000 in 5 years where the RR S/C depreciated by about $50,000 in 3.5 years. Buying an RR new is like lining up to bend over, and the residuals are so low that the lease payments are astronomical. I love them, but I've been burned by enough of them at trade in time to have learned my lesson.

The 2013 G-wagen seems to have finally caught up in terms of tech and interior refinement (although I hate the LEDs under the headlights), I like the styling better, and it's far more unique. I'll probably end up trading my 07 G and my 08 RR for a 2013 G550 and drive my Arnage when I want to put on my tweed jacket and feel like an English gentleman.
    Maybe buying a used RR would be the smart thing to do then?
    '03 RR HSE
    Vancouver Island, Canada

FRESHMAN ROVER

Just curious if we can expect any kind of discount off msrp for the new RR at release. I'm not holding my breath, but was wondering. I know the new porsche cayenne gts that came out just this july was being discounted a little bit right off the bat. It would be nice to use any savings towards some new accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by m8cme View Post
    Just curious if we can expect any kind of discount off msrp for the new RR at release. I'm not holding my breath, but was wondering. I know the new porsche cayenne gts that came out just this july was being discounted a little bit right off the bat. It would be nice to use any savings towards some new accessories.
    I sure would assume not. Back when we bought our 2011 Range Rover last fall, the dealer was willing to only give $1k off. With an all new model, I would expect to pay msrp, or at most get $500 off.