Range Rovers Forum banner

Confusion about SVO Colors...?

16K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  totya 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
As I mentioned in a previous thread the other day, I ordered a 2017 RR ATB in Balmoral Blue. I was thrilled but then got a call from my dealer who stated that the SVO colors are only available on the SVAutobiography LWB.

I thought at first they were mentioning the duo-tone paint. That makes sense. I told them I want the color as spec'd by the configuration that I sent them.

Unfortunately from what I've been told, there are only a handful of SVO colors that are available for "Regular" Autobiography...so I can't get Balmoral Blue.

Salesman said he was unaware of this and spoke to someone at corporate who indeed confirmed this.

What's the deal??

#2 ·
Initially the USA bulletins did say, show and price the SVO paints(except duo tone) for all trim levels. Can't always trust them but it wasn't just a one line typo on the bulletin, they did price it.

Interesting to see how this turns out.

#3 ·
It's also live on the configurator that Balmoral blue is available on nonLWB models. Then again when you first open the US site there is a disclaimer that all options and pricing is informational only and to consult your dealer.

#5 ·
When I ordered mine, back in September of last year, I learned that balmoral blue and style 707 wheels were extremely limited and was told that since it'd go to SVO it'll take 6 months or longer -- I was ok with that. They also asked for second choice, which I provided after much hesitation (also SVO color). Fast forward to now, going into 7th month it's finally on the boat. I won't be surprised if dealer and corporate tells you now that it's not available. Evidently it's hot SVO color and they prioritize for SVautobiography vehicles. Work with corporate and tell them you're willing to wait (if you really want the color). See if that works...good luck!

#6 ·
Update..

Problem Solved. After all that I got a email from my sales advisor stating the "Land Rover internal system had a problem" and now all is good and Balmoral color has been ordered. I even got a screenshot from them confirming.

Thanks for the help!

#9 ·
Glad to hear you got it sorted.

Adding some more info to this thread for those searching:

Land Rover has an interesting Premium Palette app that hasn't gotten much press. It shows the SVO colors as best you can on a screen:

iOS:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/premium-palette/id1125452460?mt=8

Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=landrover.premium.palette&hl=en

LR UK Site for the Premium Palette info:

http://www.landrover.co.uk/special-vehicle-operations/premium-palette.html

#10 ·
Wow! Great find.

I'm really impressed with how well the app gives an idea of what each color might actually look like. Much better than the company website.

I'd still like to be able to see [large] actual paint samples at the dealer, but this is the next best thing. Seems like a silly thing to struggle with especially when some of the colors add as much cost as a full wrap.

#14 ·
It's at the detailer for ceramic coating and film wrap. The paint is absolutely gorgeous with very deep glitter in the sun...will post some pics when it's ready

#16 ·
Here you go...balmoral blue in the flesh and under the sun! According to coating/film installer, the clear coat is much harder to work on (vs regular RR paint) as it took him multiple trials to get paint correction (minor scratches off). It typically takes him one try for Range Rover...

Again the pics don't do it justice- witnessing it in person is different experience. It changes shades between brilliant blue and subtle purple..also didn't have my dslr with me so did away with iPhone 7+ camera...note that whole front is wrapped with suntec film and also some parts in the back plus opticoat pro plus coating..he'll put front Range Rover letters later.....also one is taken in the parking garage where it appears super dark blue/purplish...and last one is interior shot with leather headliner visible...super happy with the config...enjoy :)

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Range rover

Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Automotive tire Tire

Vehicle door Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Product Trunk

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Automotive exterior

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.