2017 RR SC SiriusXM setup issues
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2017 RR SC SiriusXM setup issues

FRESHMAN ROVER

2017 RR SC SiriusXM setup issues

Picked up my new 2017 RR Supercharged yesterday. Great vehicle. Kinda struggling with the touchscreen navigation, especially the SiriusXM option.

Keep getting a notice that only 6 SiriusXM stations can be stored - doesn't seem correct to me. Also, the SiriusXM channel "pic" is some random pink picture that has nothing to do with the station.

Apologize if this is something simple that I am overlooking, but I read the manuals (book and online) and can't figure this out. I had a 2015 Suburban that had SiriusXM and it was a breeze to setup and could store 40 favorites.

TIA for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

re: 2017 RR SC SiriusXM setup issues

Quote Originally Posted by deltanut View Post
    Keep getting a notice that only 6 SiriusXM stations can be stored - doesn't seem correct to me. Also, the SiriusXM channel "pic" is some random pink picture that has nothing to do with the station.
    Yeah, I don't love their use of screen real estate either and the setup isn't entirely clear.

You can save 6 smart favorite stations, those will all have 30 minutes of instant replay from when the car is started, the smart favorite icon is a star surrounded by a counter clock-wise circular arrow. You can use the ... menu to view those last 30 minutes and select a song you want to hear again. Those 6 smart favorites are shown three at a time at the bottom of the main audio screen. Beyond those 6 you can tap the Favorites button on the left of the screen and see the live list of your combined favorites.

I think I've got this right, but maybe I missed something. I'd personally trade the weather panel for a 6 larger button favs.

If that logo issue persists beyond a few days you should tell your dealer.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks - so when you are on the XmSirius channel page, do you see the logo of the channel or some random pic? I am in the free 3 month trial, do you think maybe it has to do with that?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

LR1

Thanks - so when you are on the XmSirius channel page, do you see the logo of the channel or some random pic? I am in the free 3 month trial, do you think maybe it has to do with that?
    Not sure this is what you mean? Mine changes with the channel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017 RR SC SiriusXM setup issues-img_0279.jpg   2017 RR SC SiriusXM setup issues-img_0280.jpg  
    '17 Range Rover V8 Supercharged
    '14 Audi Q5 Diesel - current
    '12 Audi Q5 Diesel - sold
    '10 BMW X5 Diesel - sold
    '08 Range Rover - sold
    '06 Porsche 911 C4S Cabriolet
    '04 MB SL55
    '74 SeriesIII Hybrid - sold
    '95 D90 - sold
    '97 D90(Crushed in Katrina)
    '03 Range Rover - sold
    '05 LR3(Flooded in Katrina)

Trial shouldn't matter but it's possible the car just hasn't downloaded the data yet/properly.

Like LR1 showed in his post, there should be logos for those favs.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Yes - the Fox News channel pic and other favorite pics below is what I am missing. I have some random blank pic as a "placeholder" for the station pic. I do believe it must be a download issue.

Will call SiriusXM first, then dealer. Thanks all.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quick update and a pic - called SiriusXM, spoke with rep for over 30 mins refreshing, turning on and off, soft resetting, opening doors, waiting minute, then 5. Rep then tells me engineers are refreshing the channel signals which may cause the problem I am experiencing and could take up to a week (which started a few days ago). She gave me a estimated date of the 18th to do another set of signal refreshes to see the channel icons.

Pretty frustrating with all this technology both in and out of vehicle that not everything works when you get the keys.

Anyway, I am attaching some pics finally to show what I am seeing on my dash. Thanks again for the replies.2017 RR SC SiriusXM setup issues-img_0172.jpg2017 RR SC SiriusXM setup issues-img_0174.jpg
    Last edited by RRToadHall; February 15th, 2017 at 07:28 AM. Reason: childish profanity removed

LR1

There is definitely ANOTHER software bug - last time my car was in the shop I showed them what I've been getting for over a week now when trying the tune scan feature. They blamed Sirius and when I called Sirius, they said its a Land Rover problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017 RR SC SiriusXM setup issues-img_0281.jpg  
    '10 BMW X5 Diesel - sold
    '08 Range Rover - sold
    '04 MB SL55
    '95 D90 - sold
    '03 Range Rover - sold

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Oh boy!

Our 2017 just arrived yesterday and I'm starting to get nervous about making the move from our 2016. While our 2016 had its fair share of issues when we first got it, its been trouble free since for a while now since everything was taken care of and fixed at the time.

These electrical issues are a big concerning now!
    Incoming:
    2017 Range Rover HSE TD6 - Yulong White/Ivory

Current:
    2016 BMW X5d - Black/Brown
    2016 Range Rover HSE TD6 - Yulong White/Ivory

Gone:
    2010 Audi R8 V10 - White/Red
    2013 Range Rover Sport HSE Lux - Black/Black
    2013 Audi S4 - White/Red
    2011 Range Rover Sport Autobiography- White/Red
    2008 BMW M3 Cab - White/Red
    2008 BMW M6- White/Red

FRESHMAN ROVER

these are NOT "electrical issues" that should cause anyone to have any "big" concern. I'm pretty sure they are simple software fixes that will get solved with software updates along the way.
    Its a new computer system. Does your windows PC ever have any software gremlins and need weekly updates?
    Last edited by RRToadHall; February 20th, 2017 at 06:57 AM.
    2014.5 RRS V8sc Dynamic

Premium Member

Re: 2017 RR SC SiriusXM setup issues

So.. while talking about "Sirius XM setup issues", I have an *actual* Sirius XM setup issue.
    See, in the past few years, I had a new Range Rover every 15-18 months. Sometimes more than one. I have forever had 2 (and exactly 2) sirius subscriptions, that was always moved from one car to the next for both of us.

EVERY SINGLE TIME it's a giant pile of pain in the rear end to get these subs moved due to the "active trial" I'm told, which sometimes is enabled, other times isn't, in the first place... EVERY SINGLE TIME I spend either an hour on the phone with a sirius rep or in front of my computer via chat which is not much better.

1. Does anyone have a similar experience?
    2. Can it be done better?

I ran into that constantly with another make when the head unit had to be changed. I had two accounts one for the car and a lifetime sub on a SV1 portable that hops around between cars. My lifetime sub on the portable is purring along all these years later. The account I had for the car was royally messed up in the transfer of head units and then during the transfer to another car. In both transfers I reference my account number, subscription number and previous active unit number. With the initial head unit change the dealer sat in the car on conference with Sirius. It still took numerous reboots, downloads and "bumps" being sent to the new unit. After they finished and it was all up and running my portable was dead and my car ended up with a life time subscription. It took three billing cycles to get both units active and with the correct subscriptions. When I move my account to another car I went through all of it again. I finally gave up. When I sold the SRT it had a lifetime subscription that is still active today. My portable still has it's lifetime as well. Oddly enough I get a flyer about once a year asking me to come back to Sirius.
    Have you ever listened to someone for awhile
    and wondered who ties their shoelaces for them?

LR1

Quote Originally Posted by Van604 View Post
    these are NOT "electrical issues" that should cause anyone to have any "big" concern. I'm pretty sure they are simple software fixes that will get solved with software updates along the way.
    Its a new computer system. Does your windows PC ever have any software gremlins and need weekly updates?
    I guess the only problems I have with that are - I didn't pay 120k for my mac and I don't count on that software to either help prevent an accident and save lives or hopefully won't cause any when the pc "crashes".
    '10 BMW X5 Diesel - sold
    '08 Range Rover - sold
    '04 MB SL55
    '95 D90 - sold
    '03 Range Rover - sold

Oh dear lourde, not this again...
    Have you ever listened to someone for awhile
    and wondered who ties their shoelaces for them?

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by totya View Post

1. Does anyone have a similar experience?
    Yes, every time except one.

Quote Originally Posted by totya View Post
    2. Can it be done better?
    By accident. I picked up my 16 in a rush. I did not even give them enough time to take all the plastic off, and they did not have the time to do whatever it was they needed to do to activate the trial. I phoned up the SiriusXM call center said I had a new vehicle asked for my sub to be xfered from the one I had just part exchanged and after a couple of bumps I was up and running with my subscribed channels. I did have to call back to get the second bump done as the car was at the detailer when I called, but I would say I spent no more that 10 mins on the phone with them.

However since the kids converted me to Spotify I do find I use it very little.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.