new 2017 arrived / AEB error message!!!
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: new 2017 arrived / AEB error message!!!

LR1

new 2017 arrived / AEB error message!!!

So, finally got it... Scotia Grey with almond espresso interior. excellent ride so far and lot of new buttons to figure out. more later... already had to call service dept! get this error message when just riding around - happens after a bit and doesnt go away. service dept. didn't know what it meant - AEB or error message - and the sales guy said no problem, don't worry about it!! also, anyone know what this plastic crap is stuck inside the hood? service guys said it is to keep the styrofoam dry....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new 2017 arrived / AEB error message!!!-img_0008.jpg new 2017 arrived / AEB error message!!!-img_0009.jpg new 2017 arrived / AEB error message!!!-img_0010.jpg new 2017 arrived / AEB error message!!!-img_0011.jpg new 2017 arrived / AEB error message!!!-img_1579.jpg new 2017 arrived / AEB error message!!!-img_1580.jpg

'17 Range Rover V8 Supercharged
    '14 Audi Q5 Diesel - current
    '12 Audi Q5 Diesel - sold
    '10 BMW X5 Diesel - sold
    '08 Range Rover - sold
    '06 Porsche 911 C4S Cabriolet
    '04 MB SL55
    '74 SeriesIII Hybrid - sold
    '95 D90 - sold
    '97 D90(Crushed in Katrina)
    '03 Range Rover - sold
    '05 LR3(Flooded in Katrina)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: new 2017 arrived / AEB error message!!!

Congrats! I just had an issue driving mine home with 19 miles on it - everything appeared to reset when I tried to start going again from a red light in front of a very busy mall auto stop/start had turned off the engine. Hoping it's just some needed software updates not yet applied.

All the changes - it's a bit overwhelming

Good luck!

LR1

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltw View Post
    Congrats! I just had an issue driving mine home with 19 miles on it - everything appeared to reset when I tried to start going again from a red light in front of a very busy mall auto stop/start had turned off the engine. Hoping it's just some needed software updates not yet applied.

All the changes - it's a bit overwhelming

Good luck!
    Do you have that plastic stuff wrapping the styrofoam inside the hood like mine ? I posted it in the picture above.
    '10 BMW X5 Diesel - sold
    '08 Range Rover - sold
    '04 MB SL55
    '95 D90 - sold
    '03 Range Rover - sold

FRESHMAN ROVER

After less than a week I had the AEB error too. Not sure what it means but hope to hear if you find out.

Quote Originally Posted by LR1 View Post
    So, finally got it... Scotia Grey with almond espresso interior. excellent ride so far and lot of new buttons to figure out. more later... already had to call service dept! get this error message when just riding around - happens after a bit and doesnt go away. service dept. didn't know what it meant - AEB or error message - and the sales guy said no problem, don't worry about it!! also, anyone know what this plastic crap is stuck inside the hood? service guys said it is to keep the styrofoam dry....

FRESHMAN ROVER

I just got the error too

turned it off and back on it went away
    Randy
    '10 Porsche GT3RS, '17 Porsche C4S, '17 RR SC
    '71 911E - 3.0L Vintage Race Car

LR1

Got the AEB error msg again today and Reduced Traction error message separately. Also showed me as being out of fuel with no warnings or anything. So I went to fill up and it only took 10 gallons and on re-start it still showed empty. Something's messed up.
    '10 BMW X5 Diesel - sold
    '08 Range Rover - sold
    '04 MB SL55
    '95 D90 - sold
    '03 Range Rover - sold

Premium Member

If you guys check at Topix, do you see any outstanding campaign(s) for your cars?

My car is finally *actually* on a vessel, and it sounds like the delay might have had something to do with some software issues perhaps? Just speculating here, of course.

LR1

Quote Originally Posted by totya View Post
    If you guys check at Topix, do you see any outstanding campaign(s) for your cars?

My car is finally *actually* on a vessel, and it sounds like the delay might have had something to do with some software issues perhaps? Just speculating here, of course.
    No campaigns but there is some stuff under the activity stream but can't view as I don't have a subscription and I don't have an idea of what's been done and what hasn't.
    '10 BMW X5 Diesel - sold
    '08 Range Rover - sold
    '04 MB SL55
    '95 D90 - sold
    '03 Range Rover - sold

Premium Member

I don't think the activity stream matters much.
    Now that's a bummer, it looks like another software bug.

Quote Originally Posted by LR1 View Post
    Do you have that plastic stuff wrapping the styrofoam inside the hood like mine ? I posted it in the picture above.
    I do have that plastic in the hood vents - very weird! Doesn't seem like something that's there on purpose.

FRESHMAN ROVER

got the same code this morning again

will see what the dealer says
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new 2017 arrived / AEB error message!!!-img_0393.jpg
    Randy

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quick google search figured out what it is

Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)t. The system monitors the road ahead of the vehicle through its forward facing stereo camera and will warn the driver of any potential collision risks. If the driver fails to respond to the warning, the AEB system is designed to apply emergency braking to help mitigate damage depending on the speed in which the vehicle is traveling2.
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Izzone View Post
    Quick google search figured out what it is

Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)t. The system monitors the road ahead of the vehicle through its forward facing stereo camera and will warn the driver of any potential collision risks. If the driver fails to respond to the warning, the AEB system is designed to apply emergency braking to help mitigate damage depending on the speed in which the vehicle is traveling2.
    Wow, are we saying the dealer didn't actually know what AEB was? I thought the original question was just about why it's happening. AEB is on the window sticker, although I wouldn't put it past these dealers...

LR1

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltw View Post
    Wow, are we saying the dealer didn't actually know what AEB was? I thought the original question was just about why it's happening. AEB is on the window sticker, although I wouldn't put it past these dealers...
    that's what the service guy told me when i called about it the other day - he said the car is new and he didn't know what the error meant. Mine actually reads, "AEB Initializing," with the triangle and exclamation point. I also have gotten a "Reduced Traction" error message and a "Fuel Level Low" message(even though the car took only 10 gal. when re-fueling and on re-start still showed empty) - all while just driving around. Supposedly its normal to get the "AEB Initializing" upon start up and thats it. Have an apt. today. will update when i get it back.
    '10 BMW X5 Diesel - sold
    '08 Range Rover - sold
    '04 MB SL55
    '95 D90 - sold
    '03 Range Rover - sold

FRESHMAN ROVER

this must have been the issue my truck had after it arrived to the dealer from their warehouse... it seem you guys had dealerships and salespeople that didn't care much about the warning and still let you guys drive the new 17's right off the lot with those errors. My sales girl said they would not release the vehicle to me until they had gotten it fixed. And it wasn't a quick software update either. apparently some part had to be shipped from LR Europe which arrived earlier on Monday. However they did have the truck ready first thing in the morning yesterday. I suppsose it's a quick fix but it's getting the part that seemed to caused an 8 day delay for me. I figure the Xmas holiday also didn't help with timing... I was really bummed when i heard about the delay, but now that they fixed it up and gave it the approval to be released to me I couldn't be happier. And since taking delivery I haven't gotten any error. I'll ask my sales girl what the problem was to see if it's the same issue you guys are mentioning. But seeing as we all have early delivery 17's it must be a common issue with the new models.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.