new 2017 arrived / AEB error message!!! - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: new 2017 arrived / AEB error message!!!

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: new 2017 arrived / AEB error message!!!

mine was held up for a software re program at delivery too, not sure what it was
    Randy
    '10 Porsche GT3RS, '17 Porsche C4S, '17 RR SC
    '71 911E - 3.0L Vintage Race Car

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

yep, same thing happened to me. glad they sorted it out and I'm so happy to finally be driving it after months of waiting from the initial order time, to the delivery.

best,

your "Twin"

LR1

well, I tried to post while sitting at the dealer service dept. waiting to pick up truck and it didn't work.... so it seems, according to the service dept., that it is normal to get "traction reduced" messages while driving slowly / normal speed on dry pavement - it means the system is working. also, the "AEB Initialization" message is suppose to come up while driving in normal conditions too according to them. It also can happen if you hit a bump... Hummm, sounds, well I won't tell you what it sounds like... Here we go again. Oh yeah, got this on the way home.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new 2017 arrived / AEB error message!!!-img_0051-copy.jpg
    '17 Range Rover V8 Supercharged
    '14 Audi Q5 Diesel - current
    '12 Audi Q5 Diesel - sold
    '10 BMW X5 Diesel - sold
    '08 Range Rover - sold
    '06 Porsche 911 C4S Cabriolet
    '04 MB SL55
    '74 SeriesIII Hybrid - sold
    '95 D90 - sold
    '97 D90(Crushed in Katrina)
    '03 Range Rover - sold
    '05 LR3(Flooded in Katrina)

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Premium Member

A yellow message there is a warning. It means something isn't normal. You should probably call LRNA customer service and open a ticket with them.

LR1

Quote Originally Posted by totya View Post
    A yellow message there is a warning. It means something isn't normal. You should probably call LRNA customer service and open a ticket with them.
    Apparently their master head technician of twenty years they were bragging on doesn't think so or know that. I explained I had pictured and documentation and they weren't interested. I've talked to the sales manager and I'm giving them one more chance - I've got to deal with these folks for the foreseeable future and don't want to you know what.
    '10 BMW X5 Diesel - sold
    '08 Range Rover - sold
    '04 MB SL55
    '95 D90 - sold
    '03 Range Rover - sold

Quote Originally Posted by LR1 View Post
    Apparently their master head technician of twenty years they were bragging on doesn't think so or know that. I explained I had pictured and documentation and they weren't interested. I've talked to the sales manager and I'm giving them one more chance - I've got to deal with these folks for the foreseeable future and don't want to you know what.
    Yeah just keep documenting for LR - what a pain! I've yet to see any AEB messages on mine and I've been playing around with different terrains. Can't be normal.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Well.. I finally got the dreaded AEB message. 120K and not even a 100Miles driven and we're already having issues. I swear if i didn't love me my Rangies...

FRESHMAN ROVER

According to manuals:

The AEB system will not operate if any the following are present:
    • Poor camera visibility:
      • Fog, heavy precipitation, soiled windscreen, etc.
    • System fault detected.
    • Forward collision warning velocity outside range: 30-80 km/h (18-50 mph).
    • IEB velocity outside range: 5-80 km/h (3-50 mph).
    • Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) is switched off.
    • The vehicle is cornering sharply.

LR1

Update - LRNA rep to be at dealer next week and will look at car. So far about 15 total error messages as mentioned - AEB Inititalization, AEB not available, reduced traction and just recently "SIM card removed"(when it was not) and "car not in park", when it was. All under dry pavement, slow speeds and not on start up....
    '10 BMW X5 Diesel - sold
    '08 Range Rover - sold
    '04 MB SL55
    '95 D90 - sold
    '03 Range Rover - sold

Update - LRNA rep to be at dealer next week and will look at car. So far about 15 total error messages as mentioned - AEB Inititalization, AEB not available, reduced traction and just recently "SIM card removed"(when it was not) and "car not in park", when it was. All under dry pavement, slow speeds and not on start up....
    Congratulations... It's a proper Rover!
    `07 Lotus Exige S - Ardent Red
    `06 Range Rover Supercharged - Java Black
    `06 Range Rover Sport HSE - Java Black
    `05 Lotus Elise - Ardent Red
    `97 Range Rover 4.6 HSE (Sold)

LR1

Quote Originally Posted by Flash G View Post
    Congratulations... It's a proper Rover!
    yep, that it is.... wouldn't be so funny i guess if the cars didn't cost 120k and are now more dependent than ever on computers. example - i took delivery of the car with the forward alert system activated and has been on to this day. in fact, just this am, i was looking in the manual to see what the symbol meant on the dash bc i couldn't remember - it was in fact the forward alert warning symbol and its been on... out in the car about an hour ago and the car in front of me slows down a little quickly to make a turn and the system dings as it should. yet on the way home after stopping to pick up the dog, i notice that the dash symbol is now missing. so when i get home i check in the settings menu and see that the box is now unchecked and the system is deactivated. so i now have a forward alert warning system that deactivates itself. unless i missed in the manual the part that says its suppose to deactivate after being "used". In which case its broken either way because I've had it go off a few times already and not deactivate so it would be broken for that reason or in this case in which it just deactivates by itself. either way its not a good scenario.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new 2017 arrived / AEB error message!!!-2017_0110-forward-alert-warning-sysmol-missing-after-alert.jpg
    '10 BMW X5 Diesel - sold
    '08 Range Rover - sold
    '04 MB SL55
    '95 D90 - sold
    '03 Range Rover - sold

Premium Member

yep, that it is.... wouldn't be so funny i guess if the cars didn't cost 120k and are now more dependent than ever on computers. example - i took delivery of the car with the forward alert system activated and has been on to this day. in fact, just this am, i was looking in the manual to see what the symbol meant on the dash bc i couldn't remember - it was in fact the forward alert warning symbol and its been on... out in the car about an hour ago and the car in front of me slows down a little quickly to make a turn and the system dings as it should. yet on the way home after stopping to pick up the dog, i notice that the dash symbol is now missing. so when i get home i check in the settings menu and see that the box is now unchecked and the system is deactivated. so i now have a forward alert warning system that deactivates itself. unless i missed in the manual the part that says its suppose to deactivate after being "used". In which case its broken either way because I've had it go off a few times already and not deactivate so it would be broken for that reason or in this case in which it just deactivates by itself. either way its not a good scenario.
    Forward alert deactivates itself when it cannot "see" AND it probably pushed up its own warning also. So, it might just be something with the camera/radar sensor. Looks like it's a widespread problem so they will sure fix it.
    you can btw re-active it from the menu after a temporary failure.

I got the AEB error a few days back and then after reading this thread I took a look and my Forward Alert had been turned off as well.

The FA turning off after certain events happened on my 2014.5 too. I just hadn't noticed it on the new one with the new gauge layouts.

Thanks!

FRESHMAN ROVER

First let me preface this by saying I'm a Land Rover guy. I've owned two l322s (one is still my daily driver) and two disco 2s.

But why do we continue to put up with this bulls*t? I started a thread months ago comparing the RR to a Land Cruiser and how much more dependable the LC is. A logical response I got back was toyota has so much more money than land rover that the sales from their cars such as the camry pay for the great engineering in the LC...and that Land Rover just doesn't have the capital to be great. OK...I don't buy that, but OK.

Well, what about Tesla? A brand new car company doing things that other car manufacturers said they would never be able to do...and their cars just work. They never break down, their electronics never go on the fritz and by some small chance something does go wrong, Tesla bends over backwards to make the customer happy. Hell, if you have to get new brakes, Tesla brings a new car to your house while they take yours and fit it with new brakes and then deliver it back. Heres a novel idea that Tesla uses...OVER THE AIR FIRMWARE UPDATES to unlock new features!

I'm a land rover guy and I can't come up with a response. How can Tesla do all these great things and treat their customers properly only having been in business for roughly 10-15 years (not having the capital that LR does)? How do they manage to make it work? How long has LR been in business and they still can't get it right?

edit: It has to be leadership right? I mean it has to be Musk?

Premium Member

there's an easy answer to this. buy a tesla/land cruiser, whatever. no? why do you still buy Land Rover if you're that frustrated with them?

and man, you're talking software bugs. time to realize they won't go away.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.