and all of those who contributed to your hacking of the EAS system in a P38. Your YouTube videos and other available resources were very well done. After the following challenges:
My EAS system is now running normally. I am now able to take full control of the system. I just wish that I could pull this up via the nav display at will. Note that I did all of this using a Dell Latitude E6400 running Windows 7.
- Learning that the OBDII cable color codes meant nothing and you have to trace the pins to the wires. I hadn't utilized my multimeter to trace wires before so I learned a new trick
- Due to my initial laptop having a female DB9 port, I had to buy a male instead of female DB9 thus requiring me to reverse my soldering points relative to your video
- Several DB9 cable gender changing gymnastics due to my having to change computers
- Bought a cheap serial to USB adapter and had to find the right driver. In this particular case, I had to scrounge up an outdated driver and override the new one that I initially installed
- Learning how to navigate the software application by just playing with a bunch of features excluding depressurization and the ride heights. I finally cleared my fault by having the system display a "blank message"
Thanks again to Storey!